Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wedneday and Breakfast and Lunch out.

I texted Bob this morning to see how he was doing, He was up and around. I asked him if he wanted to go to breakfast and he said Eggberts was probably closed. I called them and they were open. So I texted him again and asked him if he wanted to go to eat there. They were sanitizing everything and hoped they could stay open under those circumstances. So I drove over and we went to breakfast. The place was very clean and there were few people there. My philosophy is that there are few if any cases in southeast Kansas since it is  poor enough area that no one there can afford cruises and have not been to China.

All six of the Kansas cases are in cities in the northern part of the state. In Kansas City, Topeka, and Wichita. We are down on the Oklahoma and Kansas line. Until something is diagnosed down here in our area, I am not going to stop living.

So Bob and I had breakfast, then after I took him home, I went out to Walmart to get the three things on my tiny list. They didn't have the cat food I buy, any small bottles of water or Lysol  disinfectant wipes. I did manage to get some Cran-grape juice in small bottles. That's the juice I have with my breakfast.

Then I went to their Dollar General store. They had the cat food so I bought that. I got back to Caney  and went our Dollar General and they had the small  bottled water so I bought that there. The way people are hoarding is tragic. It's fear. Supplies should be rationed so folks won't hoard.

I learned today that the alumni banquet for Keith's class has been cancelled. I am hoping they will be able to come on to visit me anyhow. But I will contact him about that and see what they want to do.

I contacted Esther, Keith's wife, and she said they were coming anyhow. They want to see me and  Leslie, Keith's sister, and John, his brother-in-law .

When I got back to Caney, Nancy called to see if I wanted to go to lunch. I was at Dollar General and so I suggested I pick her up since I would need to take my water in. She agreed.

I picked her up and we went to Copan Restaurant and had a salad for lunch  There were only about 10 people in there and they were sanitizing everything on the tables after every patron left.

When we got back to Caney, Dale came in and scolded us for being "out" and about.  We agreed to go to drive ins for lunch from now on. (Maybe we will and maybe we won't).

Now I am going to read again. I am still full as a tick from lunch.

More later....

I read most of the afternoon and finished my third book. Unfortunately, the library is closed because of the pandemic so I cannot get more to read. I do have two books of my own I was working on when I took out the library books. I will go back to those.

Dale, Nancy's cousin, called back this afternoon to say that Sedan, Kansas, 13 miles west of Caney, here where I live, has a case of the Caronavirus in their hospital.

It's 7:00PM so I guess I will take my bath and put my PJs on and read until bedtime at 9:00PM

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

You really shouldn't go out. It is better to help stop the spread of the virus. Maybe you won't get too ill but what if you pass it to someone who does. My library has posted many free online sources for getting ebooks and movies free so maybe your library has that also. Check their website. Stay safe!

Plain Jane said...

I'm thinking you are from Kansas if you type in reads overdrive Kansas or whichever state you are in you should be able to find your local library. If you have a library card, a Kindle or a tablet-with the tablet you'll have to download the Kindle app-then you can access and check out books the same as you would a paper book at the building. I haven't been to my local library in a very long time, I use the online library.