Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday and a Soaked Yard

I won't be having my yard mowed this afternoon. The yard is soaked from all that rain we had yesterday. I will need to text the mother of the girl who mows for me and reschedule.

I slept terribly last night. I tossed and turned most of the night. My right arm ached all night and nothing I did helped. Leslie called this morning and I told her about it and she suggested that I try a lymphadema sleeve over that arm to put some pressure on it.. I may talk to Dr. C's office and see if he will prescribe it for me so medicare will pay for it.

This morning Big Yellow Tom cat came back for breakfast. This time I took all three bowls out there. He ate and left but so far no more cats have come to eat.  I am curious how badly hurt the mama cat is. From all that gray fur last night it looked like he had really torn her up.

More later....

I will probably just read today unless my arm stops hurting. I never did get the rest of the floors done yesterday.

More later...


I got the bare floors done today and still have the dining room and den to vacuum.  I may get that done later...

I talked to Leslie this morning on her way to to work. She suggested a lymphademia compression sleeve might help my arm. I called the Medicine Shoppe and Prescription Shop in Coffeyville and Walgreens in Independence and Porter Drug in Neodesha and finally Bowen Drug in Parsons. None of them carried them but Bowen could order one after they had a chance to measure my arm. It would cost around $96.00. With no assurance it would even help I don't think I would order one. I wish I knew where I could find one to try. Medicare doesn't handle it

It's a little after 10:30AM now. I hope the mail man comes in an hour or so.

I called Nancy and visited with her for awhile. I had not talked to her in a couple of weeks. I tried to call her few times but she did not answer the phone. Her den phone does not ring. I think it needs a battery. If she is in her bedroom or even the kitchen, those two phones work.

The mail came  about 11:40AM and then I prepared to go to Coffeyville after I had my lunch. I want to take all the food I could not use when Suzanne brought it by yesterday. I took the fruit but took the corn, tomatoes, onions and potatoes  over to Sycamore Landing, Then I went to the bank to cash the check I got from Shelter Insurance. I also went by the post office and mailed off my bills. I went to Walmart to pick up the dozen things I needed from them. Then I came back home. 

More even  later...I guess I will watch the 4:00PM news on CBS.

I see the scruffy gray cat is out there so I took three bowls of food out there this time. I am not going to take just one bowl out because they fight over that one bowl. I have not seen mama cat since she and the Big Yellow Tom had that huge fight last evening. She may be very hurt. There was an awful lot of fur on the doormat when they ran off still fighting.

After Scruffy Gray cat left, Big Yellow Tom came back and ate some too.  They are the only two I see. I went out and checked the grass. It appears to have dried after all and I have messaged Krystal about it.

I just heard from Krystal, the mother of the girl who mows for me. They will come over at  about 6:30PM and the daughter will mow.  I need to go gas up that mower and get the leaf bag out too.

More later....

It took that girl about 30 minutes to do the entire yard. Of course when it is completely dry, I will need to trim.but it doesn't look too bad. I will need to put the hose holder back next to the faucet and the bird bath back over there too and fill it with water..

I have had my bath and will read on my book awhile later and go to bed at 9:00PM. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight. Last night was a disaster.

No comments: