Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saturday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept very well last night with very little pain in my right arm. I only woke up once and went to the bathroom then. I got up around 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I had my oatmeal and coffee and even finished my Chai Latte.

I had the two yellow cats here for their breakfast. I haven't seen any of the gray cats. Big Yellow Tom was here and his young smaller yellow cat too. They ate all they wanted and have left now.

It's not raining here today.

I texted Bob and he has a sinus infection and wants to go to the urgent care if they are open today. I told him to call Karan and see if she knows if they are open. I gave him her number.

I may finally get my den and dining room vacuumed today. I spent most of yesterday on the phone with Cox Complete Care getting my printer fixed. But it is working now so it was worth it. At least it was working yesterday. I finally got Chris's letter printed off and in the mail. Cox Complete Care is the best $9.95 a month I have ever spent.

More later....

The scruffy gray cat finally came for breakfast. He/she ate all she/he wanted and now has left. They are trickling in, it seems. Their habits have really changed. I still have not seen mama cat. I hope he didn't kill her. She was the only affectionate one. When I took the food out through the garage, she would walk along with me rubbing up against my feet. I always had to be careful not to trip over her. The others always scatter when I open the door and come back only when I go back in.

I have some laundry today so maybe I had better get it started .

More later....

I took a letter out to the mailbox to leave for the mailman to pick up and when I got back to the house I saw a small gray cat coming very fast across my neighbor's yard. I quickly put the cat food back out. It was mama cat and I was so pleased she seemed to be alright although a bit thinner.  I am so happy she was not killed in that fight. I see she has lost a chunk of fur but that was just what I cleaned up after they ran off fighting on Wednesday.

More later..my laundry needs to be put in the dryer.

I want to vacuum the dining room and den today too. I have put that off for several days.

Well, I got that done. Now the apartment should be pretty clean. That will do it until next Thursday.

I would like to plant my flowers but I don't know if it's too early or not. I usually wait until the last week of April and this is only the 25th but I just realized, tomorrow is the last week of April. Maybe I should go see if I can find some bedding plants today. Myrtle's Market had them locally here last year. I usually buy mine at Coffeyville at the nursery. But I would rather not make another trip out of town.

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

Got my flowerbed planted after all. Now I need some mulch but that will have to wait.

More later...I need to fold out my dried laundry.

I can't find either one of my two green water pitchers. I may have  put them in the attic.

Luckily I have a hose in the back so I was able to water the flowerbed with it.

It's a beautiful day. Lots of sunshine. I went out back and sat in my chair for awhile and got some sun.
More later...

While I was sitting out there, I noticed the edges of the yard needed to be trimmed so I went in the garage and got my trimmer and trimmed it. Then I got my blower out and blew out the garage and  the grass on the drive. Now I am pretty tired. I got an awful lot done today and it is 72 degrees out there.  I think I will just rest now. I downloaded anther book yesterday evening from Amazon and I guess I will read on that.

The Scruffy gray cat came around shortly after 4:00PM and was ready for his/her supper so I put out the three bowls and I believe he/she ate out of all three of them but there is some food in all three of them in case some of the others come later...I will try to keep the birds out of them.

Big Yellow Tom and his little yellow buddy came for supper at 8:00PM  I took the food out again. I didn't have to worry about the birds eating the cat food while both of them are eating. I had my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at  9:00PM as usual. I am watching "Highway to Hell" this evening on the weather channel. I think they are gone now. So I will have to watch for the birds now.

More later...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Your garden looks so pretty. I haven’t bought any plants, yet.