Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesday and Reading and Cleaning

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up several times and went to the bathroom. I had been reading most of the evening and then watching "Bull" before I went on to bed. It was a rerun.

When I got up and dressed and came in to make my oatmeal , I had two cats waiting for me...both yellow cats. Luckily I put the food out earlier. They ate their fill and have left now.

The scruffy gray cat is out there now eating and having a drink of water.  That's only three of them that have eaten. Young yellow cat is back now

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am now ready to make my Chai Latte. Here is the scruffy gray cat  I feed.
Image may contain: outdoor






















I put new filters in my two filter  pitchers. Now for three pitchers full I am supposed to use that water just to water my flowers. For three pitchers, they will have carbon in them. In the meantime, I will use bottled to drink..

I think I will see if the Vanatta girl can mow for me on Thursday. I will text her mother after awhile. She mowed last Thursday.

More later...It's 10:48AM  right now. I should probably run the sweeper in the bedroom and living room. Then tomorrow I will run it in the dining room and den and do the bare floors in the kitchen and bathroom. This afternoon I will read again.

So, more later...

 It's 46 degrees this morning. I would like to get my flowers planted but I think it may be too early. I usually wait unto the last week of April...usually the 28th....that was my wedding anniversary.


Image may contain: plant and flower






















I bought my hanging basket before then. I went out to that  "rooster" place out on the highway 75. It  is still open. They have never closed during this "shelter in" period.  That's where I went to buy this basket. It is so pretty!

I did get the living room, hall and bedroom vacuumed. I will do the dining room and den tomorrow. That will give me something productive to do.

More later...

I am listening to an audio book Alexa is reading  to me. It's called "Break Shot" and it's the autobiography of James Taylor, the musician. He is reading the book through Alexa.

I went to get gas today. I was down the half a tank and it cost me $9.25 to fill my tank.  I have used very little gas the past few weeks.  I also needed to get some money. My hairdresser called this afternoon to say she would cut my hair on May 5th. I hope we will be free to visit a hairdresser by then. I will really need a haircut. She cut it extra close last time I had an appointment...what, .about three weeks ago? But she knew I would be doing it myself. That's why she did that.

It's 5:00PM now and time for the news. The CBS news is not on until 5:30PM. Right now it is Tulsa's news. They have a chance of severe storms tonight...a 90% chance of storms. Thursday is suppose dto be fine. I hope to get my yard cut on Thursday.

I heard on NPR today that the Oklahoma governor wants to use a lot of that money for small businesses  as scholarships for private schools in Oklahoma. That is not going to set well...especially" since the last  "small business" billions ended up going to large Republican backed businesses in just two weeks. Very little actually went to small businesses. The house is going to watch carefully this time to be sure that doesn't happen again.

More later...

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your flower basket is so pretty. That is a great color combination. It's been so cold here at night that I haven't even given much thought to flower planting. I buy the ready made baskets and then replant them into real big flower pots so they will not dry out so quick. It seems like if there is room to plant an ornamental sweet potato vine, or a small asparagus fern in the big flower pots with the flowers, the soil doesn't dry out as bad either. I will have to call the plant nursery, to see if they are going to be open for business this year, or what shopping arrangements they will have for going into their greenhouses to pick out flower baskets. Usually, around here, right after the mid April cold snap my Mom used to call blackberry winter, we have a few nice spring days and then it gets hot.

Do your dinner-guest kitties bother your flower bed? Our neighbor's kitty and the squirrels tear up my zinnia bed after the seeds are planted if I don't put chicken wire over it until the plants get established.