Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday and A Great Night's Sleep

I took my bath as usual last night and then put the rotator cuff brace on and went on to bed at 9:00PM. I slept through the night with only one time to wake up and go to the bathroom. Because I had no pain, I was able to get right back to sleep just fine and right away. That brace is a miracle! If it works that way every night, I may be able to sleep like a log again. I was even able to sleep on my right side with no pain at all.

There is no church today except streamed from online from Ontario Canada at 11:00AM at centreplace.ca. But next Sunday, June 7th,  we are starting our 11:00AM church services up again....with a lot of limitations. (see yesterday's blog). I hope it works out! Just church and no church school classes is better then no reality church at all.  I called my brother-in-law last night and went over all that Leslie had told me with him. He had just remarked yesterday morning that he wished we had church again. So I wanted to tell him about the decision before he got his letter from Leslie. It will be Monday at the earliest before those letters are delivered. It will probably be Tuesday since all our mail goes to Wichita first before being delivered locally.

We should be fine if everyone is careful. In all of Montgomery County Kansas we have only had 20 cases and only 2 deaths and all of those were in March.  There have been no new cases since then.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and will have my Chai latte next. I am sitting in the den using the desktop computer instead of sitting in the living room with the notebook on my lap. It's just now 6:00AM. I may go in there now and turn on the weather channel. I just didn't want the cats to know I was up until I had this blog started.

I will wait until 6:30PM or so until I text Bob to see if he is alright. I do that every morning. He is in far worse shape then I am with his spinal stenosis. If anything happened to him in the night no one would know until Joanne woke up halfway through the morning. When I text him, if he doesn't respond within twenty minutes, I call him. If the time ever comes when he doesn't pick up, I will either drive over there or call Denise or Joanne to go check on him. Denise has a key. Maybe Joanne does too..

I moved into the living room with the notebook and opened the front door to see the medium sized yellow cat waiting for his/her breakfast. I fed him/her and after he/she ate and left another of the yellow cats came to eat.

I haven't seen Scruffy yet. I left the food out there for the next cat  and as long as the birds don't come to eat, I will leave it there.

Scruffy did finally show up for his breakfast so I fed him and then I went out and swept out the garage and sidewalk. About 11:00AM, I left for Independence.

More later....

Bob had called me mid morning and asked me to come to lunch with him in Independence at 11:30AM. I told him I would drive up there and meet him and that's what I did. We were going to eat at Great China but they were closed. So we went to the Chinese buffet next door to them. It was very good but wasn't Great China.  We had a good lunch though.

Afterward I came back home and worked on my desktop computer. It was not holding a signal and would cut off if I tried to open a browser. I rebooted three times and then called Cox Complete Care but it wouldn't hold a signal long enough for us to connect. He thought Windows 10 had downloaded an update that my computer was having a hard time with. After I hung up I rebooted again and this time I retained the signal. I don't know if this will happen again. I will just have to try it again later. I don't want to do it tonight because it will upset my sleep if it screws up again. He suggested I might need to get my own 3.0 modem/router because theirs is evidently having a hard time holding the signal. He thinks my computer is too far away from the router/modem to make a connection but I told him this morning was the only time that had happened so that didn't make sense. Once a month ago I lost the signal for my TV and they finally had to reboot the modem to get it to work again, but the modem/router is on the same table as the TV so that didn't make any sense at all.

After all this I logged on to the Ontario Canada site and watched this morning's worship service.

I was going to watch 60 Minutes this evening but it was preempted by the riots in Tulsa. I could care less about Tulsa news. Channel 6 has two sites. Surely they could use one channel for regular programming and use the other one for their  local stuff. We are in southeast Kansas and Cox will not pay for another station to be available to us. There is one at Pittsburg,  Kansas, that we used to get too when we first took the cable back in the 1980's.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and put the brace on my shoulder and will go to bed at 9:00PM after I read for awhile on a free book I downloaded this evening on my Kindle.  Because of my Prime membership, I get some free books to read every month from Amazon.

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am glad that the rotator cuff brace worked so well for you. Pain relief and sleeping well makes such a difference in a person's life.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it does!!!

Galla Creek said...

Hope the brace works again tonight. You need your rest.