Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday and Too Good to be True

I figured the painless arm was too good to be true. Last night was the same old pain. I slept off and on and finally got up just before 6:00AM

I have had my breakfast of oatmeal, juice, coffee, and chai latte. I have fed three cats first and then after they left Big Yellow Tom came and I fed him. He is gone now and I need to get the food back in or the birds will be eating it.

Nancy and I had such a good time yesterday. We both needed to do something different. The tour of the antique mall and dinner out at El Publito was really just the thing.

Now today is back to isolation.....

More later....

I texted my brother-in-law this morning and he is ready to get back to church again. I explained to him that the leadership of the church met and made that decision not to reopen yet  They are fearful groups of people too early and too close together will spread the virus. So we will wait. Better safe then sorry.

I learned this afternoon  that we will have church again on June 7th.but only the 11:00AM worship service and sermon. The tables and chairs in the all purpose room have been put away.  We will not use the east door...only the front door.  There will be no coffee or coffeecake and there will be no church school classes at this point. We will all wear face masks to protect others of our group from each of us . Only the foyer, the restrooms and the sanctuary will be used. All sanctuary chairs will be six feet apart. Cyndi will be cleaning and disinfecting everything each Saturday.

There will be no bulletins. The bulletin will be projected on a screen along with the hymns. The hymns will just be the music...no singing.

It will be an experiment to see if we can all stay safe. Families can sit together since they live together anyhow. Everyone else will be sitting apart from one another.

It will be so good to see one another again. We will all need to be careful though.

More later...

I went out to Leslie's this afternoon to pick up the  rotator cuff brace she ordered for me and she told me all this. I am anxious to try the brace tonight to see if it will help me to be able to sleep with it on.

It's 7:20PM now so I guess I will take my bath and then watch TV afterward.

I will plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

I think most folks over 70 have some kind of chronic pain. That's what I tell myself when I'm having a "bad knee day". And I do have a lot of friends who have so many worse problems than mine. I try to remember to pray for all of them as they come to mind. That's easy with Facebook or Blogger friends, because I can pray for their needs when I read what they have to say.

Galla Creek said...

My sisters are going to go to church tomorrow. Both are older ladies and really don’t want to go because of the virus but because they are having church the feel obligated to go. They will wear masks. I think it wonderful that your church has decided not to take the risk.

Margie's Musings said...

We are going to try to start on a very limited basis starting June 7th.If you read the rest of today's blog you will see the plan our pastor's devised. One of our pastors is a doctor and she will bring masks for anyone who has none.

Margie's Musings said...

We have only had 20 cases here in Southeast Kansas and only two deaths and those were all in March.