Thursday, October 1, 2020

Thursday and House Cleaning Day

 I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and even a breakfast bar. I am still working on my coffee. It is 45 degrees out there this morning. Fall is definitely here.

I found two large spiders this morning. One was in the bathtub and the other in the kitchen sink. I had Steve spray for them earlier this fall because I had found four and killed them. One was a brown recluse spider. The others were just spiders. Evidently whatever he used didn't last long.

I haven't even looked out to see if the cats/kittens were out there waiting for their breakfast. Maybe I should do that now

Back later....

Yes, they were out there in force. I put out all four bowls..including the double dish. They are all five eating as though they haven't had anything in days.

I will clean the apartment this morning. I will clean during commercials as usual. It's only 6:25AM right now I will wait until 7:30AM or so to start. I usually mop first and then run the sweeper. I need to take the sweeper apart after I use it this morning and wash the filters. I am always amazed at how much dirt I get in this apartment when I run the sweeper. Usually I leave my shoes on the rugs by the doors. 

I asked Suzanne if she had cleaned the carpets before I moved in and she said she had. The woman who lived here before me was no house cleaner. Suzanne said she paid a woman $100 to clean it and then she re-cleaned it herself.

More later...

I got the floors mopped (all but just in front of the front door where Scruffie is sitting outside) and the bedroom, hall and the den vacuumed. I still have the living room and dining room to do but I have all morning to do that. It's time for the CBS news so I will get back to this and the cleaning later.

I got the rest of the cleaning done except for the dusting. I may get to that this afternoon or at least tomorrow. I took the sweeper all apart and washed it with wet paper towels and washed the filters and set them aside to dry for 24 hours. That's what the instructions say to do with those filters.

It is almost 9:00AM and I have got a lot done this morning and all during commercials. And I sure don't miss those. 

Suzanne says they will do my new flooring on October 14th...that's a Wednesday so I will be gone all that day. Hopefully she can be here. The day before, I am supposed to empty my little roll top desk. The floor layer people will move all the furniture and appliances out to lay the flooring. I will get into the attic and get some of those empty file boxes down to fill with the contents of the desk. I will set those boxes in the den. They will lay that flooring in the bathroom, the utility area, the kitchen and the dining room. It will look like hardwood floors but it will be linoleum. I may move the rug in the den into the dining room. That's where I had it in the Coffeyville apartment.

More later.... it is 9:08AM and I may as well get the dusting done before 10:00AM when the CBS news is off . Commercials are back.

I got all the dusting finished and then had my lunch. I had some of that chicken and noodles Suzanne brought me yesterday. It was good.

Now I will go enjoy some sunshine while we still have it. It is 1:20PM now. 

I went over to Myrtle's Market and looked around this afternoon. I didn't buy anything but they had a lot of new stuff.

Then I called Nancy again and this time she answered. It was a beautiful day and I thought she might want to get out and take a trip to Independence and perhaps stop and see the puppies while they are still with John and Leslie. 

We did that and besides went to Independence and bought a Blizzard there. If we were known for sure that John would be there, we would have brought him a blizzard too.Sure enough he was there and all the dogs were out there with him...including the puppies.  Nancy got to hold "Ace" and he was a cuddler. She really enjoyed that. I took her home and stayed an hour and visited until I played out and went home.

I fed five cats when I got home. They were waiting for me to get home so they could have their dinner.

John may take part in the art show in Chanute tomorrow.  He has chosen three probable paintings to take if he decides to participate there. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

It's 6:25PM now and I may as well take my bath at 7:00PM.  Then I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

No comments: