Saturday, October 3, 2020

Saturday and Another Day to Read

 I slept fairly well last night but I did take two Melatonin tablets to calm my mind.

I got up at 5:00AM and dressed and checked my e-mail and had my breakfast and coffee. 

When I opened the front door there were all the cats ready for their breakfast. I had to take the bowls out through the garage because they would not get away from the door so I could open it.

I am not anticipating the big job coming up on the 14th of the month when they put down my new flooring. I will be gone to Coffeyville that day for my hair appointment, gasoline and groceries as well as Bunco at the senior center. They have those on two Wednesdays of the month...the second and the fourth Wednesdays. It is a big day those two Wednesdays. That just happens to be the one for Bunco. 

Then Dean plans to come the very next day on the 15th for a couple of days for a visit. The Tuesday before that, I will need to empty the stuff in the little roll top desk into a box. I will need to get into the attic before that to bring down a box to put all that stuff in. I will set the box in the den until the flooring is finished.

I dread all that mess. I think I want that rug from the den put in the dining room over that flooring.

More later....

I started reading the McMasters book Gay suggested last evening. It is primarily about the military strategies over the past couple of decades.  It also talks about his experiences with dealing with foreign  hostile governments..pretty boring stuff so far.

I will continue with it today to see if it gets any more interesting.

So, more later...

I pulled down the ladder to the attic and got the boxes I needed to empty the desk for the men from Derailed Commodities the 14th. I am a week early doing that but I wanted to be sure I would have the time to get it done. Next week we will have cakes again and I may have to take them up on Tuesday since Bob is so crippled up that he uses a cane. There are four cakes. Now that desk emptying job is done and that is one less thing to have to deal with. I will still have the cleaning to do when they move the appliances out to lay that flooring. ..or Suzanne will have to do it. The frig and range haven't been out in years. I can only clean under them so far with my swifter. There's probably some stuff under that washer and dryer too. John just installed them a year and a half ago but that is enough time for dust to accumulate under them.

I dread the mess. 

Wednesday is my hair day and the Bunco games at the senior center. I also run all my errands while I am over to Coffeyville on Wednesdays.

More later...

It's almost 3:30PM and I have been reading that new Kindle book. I fell asleep while reading it. It is "Battlegrounds" and it so boring that I fell asleep.  In another 35 minutes I will go check out the news. 

At the first hospital news conference this morning, the doctors didn't give out much information about Trumps condition. The way he is, they probably won't be allowed to give out any information even though it's the best for the country, not to mention the sock market, if they will keep the country informed. At least a dozen more people have developed the virus since Trump had all those open meetings with no space limitations and no face masks...at least two senators and several of his staff.

I took my bath about 6:30PM and will either ead on the book or play Freecell. Then I will go on to bed at 900PM.

No comments: