Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday and a Good Night's Sleep

I couldn't get warm last night so I got out the quilt Rosie Sanford's son gave me after her funeral. It had been washed and came right off her bed. It was homemade. Rosie was a very gifted woman. She sold several of her lovely quilts for enough money to put a new roof on her house. I visited her one time and she was busy reupholstering her favorite recliner. She was up in her 80's when I found her in the parking lot of our newly built church waiting for someone to come and welcome her. We did just that! She was such a joy! And once she came she was always there on Sunday morning in her little brand new red car.  She died suddenly a few years after that. Her kids asked me to do her funeral and I did that. Then they called me and asked me to come by their home. I dropped by and that's when they gave me that lovely quilt.

Anyhow, enough reminiscing. 

I slept well after putting that quilt over me last night.

I got up at 5:00AM again this morning and have had my juice, oatmeal and coffee. I will get my Chai next. I texted Bob at 6:30AM and he has a doctor's appointment this morning at 9:00AM. It may be just routine. He has spinal stenosis and they keep a close watch on that.

It just occurred to me..I will be 85 in one month from today.

I had better get my chai and check if the cats and kittens are out there waiting for me to feed them their breakfast. I also want to watch the "Weather on the 8's".

Sure enough three cats were out there...two yellow cats and the one I call "Inky" the black kitten. He and his yellow sibling are growing up quite fast...they are well fed. I took their food out through the garage. 

I saw Pablo there. He and his girlfriend, Kylie, moved into their bigger home this weekend. She stayed all evening and cleaned the place immaculately.  She even did some painting needed from the previous renter. He is expecting a package when the mail comes and he asked me to take it in for him. He is afraid someone will take the package since they are no longer living there. He will drop by after work to pick it up. I think he said it was new boots.

So, more later...

It's 8:15AM now and Scruffie just showed up for her breakfast. The others have all been here and eaten and I had taken the food in. I took it back out for her but she is holding back about coming up for it for some reason. Maybe she has eaten somewhere else.

She finally came around but it was for clean water. So far she has not eaten anything.

Leslie came this noontime and put the cat food John gave me in a big lidded can and put the bag of leaves in the trash container for me for tomorrow's pick up. This morning, before Leslie came, I pulled down the attic ladder in the garage and put some empty boxes up there. Then we met John at the Caney Eggbert's and they bought my lunch.  We left KiKi and Mini in my back yard while we were gone. When we came back to my apartment they acted like they thought Leslie was going to leave them here with me. They were delighted to see her again and they love to ride in the car.


Image may contain: grass, tree, outdoor and nature 

When they left, I cleaned up the leaves under my hedge and then decided to mow the front yard. It looks better now but by tomorrow it will be a mess again from the tree across the street. I was so glad to be able to do that. I really need the exercise. The only other exercise I get is to vacuum the apartment.

Scruffie finally showed up for her mid morning meal. She didn't eat a lot but she drank quite a lot of water. She is gone now so I brought in the food dish. It is 3:40PM now. I had watched an episode of Forensic Files before I mowed. Now I have my laundry in the dryer.  I guess I will go watch the news while it dries.

More later... 

Image may contain: indoor 

This is my little solar cat. Leslie gave me this as a gift several years ago. It still works!

It's 5:05PM now and I am waiting for the 5:30PM CBS news.

I watched the news and then read until 7:00PM when I took my bath. Then I read until shortly after 9:00PM and since I was very tired by then, I went on to bed.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Still too warm over here. We sleep with just a sheet. I like our winter months better than the summers.

Margie's Musings said...

I'll bet that's true. This is Kansas with very unpredictable weather. I have been to Hawaii twice and really loved it. My son, Scott, was stationed over there and my Bob and I went to visit the family that time.

The second time, my Bob was gone and my daughter wanted me to go to be with Scott on his (and my) birthday. His is November 29th and mine is December 2nd. He was alone at that time. His wife had found a boyfriend while he was in Iraq with the army. They divorced and my daughter wanted me to fly over there and stay a week. I do not enjoy flying and really didn't think I wanted to go. But she asked me to consider it over the weekend and let her know what I decided on Monday. Over the weekend I came to the conclusion that I was the most selfish mother ever and changed my mind. I had a wonderful time and he and I were just thrilled to be together.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I love sleeping under a handmade quilt. I have favorites to sleep under, one was a wedding gift, that we have had for 46 years now, and another one that was made by my Grandma. It is an old one it is quilted and the quilt pieces have hand embroidery done
on them to make a design on the whole quilt. I also have my baby quilt that was made by my other Grandma who lived in the country. With my quilts, I think it is love that went into making them that makes them feel so cozy to sleep under.