Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday and Online Church Again

I woke up at my usual time only instead of 5:00AM, it was 4:00AM. Daylight Savings time went off overnight.

I stayed in bed until 5:00AM and then dressed and got myself ready for the day. I checked my bank account and started this blog before I even turned on the TV for the "Weather on the 8s". Actually, I didn't want to deal with the cats/kittens this early. They may not even be out there yet.

At 11:00AM this morning, I will turn on the church service at Toronto Canada.  I do that with their face book site. I have it on my bookmarks.

I finished my book last night before I went to bed. So I may have to download another today. I charged my Kindle last night. It doesn't hold the charge too well anymore. It seems like every time I start a book it needs charging.

Well, I'd better get the weather and the news so I will get back to this later.

I turned on the TV to the "Weather on the 8s" and it appears we are going to have a nice week. Furthermore there were all the cats/kittens out there waiting for their breakfast. They evidently changed back from daylight savings time too. Anyhow, I had to take their food out through the garage. They were bound to try to come in the apartment.

I am watching "Hope in the Wild", one of my usual Sunday morning programs on CBS. So I will get back to this later. 

 Image may contain: outdoor 

 These little critters hang around in hopes of getting into the apartment. When they do that, I have to take their food out through the garage. It's 7:30AM now and I will watch the CBS news at 8:00AM.  

I watched the CBS News and then went out to Dollar General to get some breakfast bars and I came back in time to see another news show and then it was time to log onto Toronto's worship service. 

I had problems with Cox and the service was off and on until the finish. I finally rebooted the router and was able to watch the last of the service with the note book in the living room  but the den computers, both of them, were off and on. I was so disgusted with Cox. They charge plenty but their signal was too weak for all the people home and online. I rebooted the router and that got me online in the living room recliner.

I talked to their service department but they were swamped with calls.   Finally I just hung up. That's when I rebooted the router.

I still have not had my lunch. It's almost 1:00PM now. I think I will warm up some soup and crackers and cheese. 

So, more later... 

I checked the number of Covid19 cases in Kansas and in Montgomery County  and there are 82,045 cases in Kansas and 703 in Montgomery County with 106 active cases in Montgomery County. That's definitely a second wave of the virus. People are not wearing face masks. The woman at the cashier desk at Dollar General said there were many who came in there without face masks. I think that should be mandated. And so should social distancing. Otherwise this thing will go on indefinitely.

More later... 

I had my soup and crackers and cheese  about 1:00PM and then spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out my flowerbed...all but the Dusty Miller. I just cut it back. Nancy told me you could do that with  Dusty Miller.  Then I raked it. I had to take the little cart Keith bought me around to haul that mess to the front. It was too heavy to even drag. I hope Leslie can help me lift that big bag into the trash container while she is here tomorrow. She is coming to make a bank deposit and will pick up the leaf vacuum I gave John. It's too heavy for me to lift anymore.  I was going to put some empty boxes in the attic after I finished with the yard but I was too tired to try it. I will ask her to do that while she is here too.

She is going to bring me some stuff to put in the mower's gas tank to stabilize it over the winter months. There isn't much gas in it after I mowed yesterday. 

That was wasted effort. I mowed all those leave up in the back yard and my neighbor's tree just deposited some more. I just can't win. My trees have not begun losing their leaves yet.

Pablo came over this afternoon. His girlfriend had told Suzanne he would mow one more time before they left today but it doesn't need mowing. It hasn't grown in the two weeks since it was last mowed. There are just leaves everywhere and its futile to try to mow them. His mower doesn't have a bag but it wouldn't do any good anyhow as long as the neighbor's tree is still shedding it's leaves. I found that out myself. The next day the leaves are back on the yard.

Anyhow, I got a lot done today.

I will watch the CBS news at 5:00PM. Then I will have a banana for supper. 

I will have my bath at 6:45 and try to watch the Springfield worship service at 7:00PM and then plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. I bet I sleep well tonight.

I missed the Springfield worship service on Zoom this evening. My technology is sporadic today. Cox Communications is overwhelmed with folks online.

I found the Springfield church's facebook and watched the service there. It was recorded after the fact and not live streamed with Zoom there.

They did a good job...better then usual.

I took my bath after that and went back to reading my new free Amazon book. At 9:00PM, I went on to bed. I was very tired. It had been a big busy day.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Biden will mandate masks I think. Hope we can elect him. You and I did our part.

Lady in front of me at Hobby Lobby had no mask on. Then she walked back six feet into my space. I wanted to say something ugly but just frowned at her and moved farther back.

Kay said...

I absolutely agree with you about facemasks. Luckily people here seem to be following the rules.

Margie's Musings said...

That's wonderful, Kay. Folks around here are too much like our president...all about themselves. I feel sorry for the clerks. They have no idea which people might have the virus and no face masks.