Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Tuesday and Election Day

I slept well last night. I was very tired after all the exercise I got yesterday. I dread to look out this morning to see if there are lots of leaves in that front yard this morning. I made my bed, got myself ready for the day and have had my breakfast. Today is election day and I will try to follow the news to the finish. I am quite sure the ballot counting will take at least another few days since the vote was historically heavy.  I will see if Nancy needs a ride to the polls today. I want to be sure she can cast her vote. She could probably walk down to the polls. It's only a few blocks from her home but I want to be sure she gets there.

I haven't looked out and checked on the cats yet. So more later...It's 6:00AM and I want to turn on the weather.

There were about four cats out there waiting for their breakfast. I want to use the Meow Mix up before I begin on the cat food Leslie brought me yesterday. As usual I had to go out through the garage. They always stand at the front door and would try to come in if I opened the front door. I believe the only ones still out there are the "kittens". They have grown so much I hesitate to even call them kittens any more. I should go out and bring in the empty bowls. I did that and only one yellow cat and a black cat I call Inky came back for more. It was too late.

I have gone out and looked to see how many leaves are back on the yard. It is not too bad. I did clean up the area behind the hedge again. I did a little raking in front of the hedge too.

It looks pretty good considering the leaves are still falling and my trees haven't lost any yet. Of course there is no wind today. That makes all the difference too. It is 8:45AM now and 48 degrees out there.

At this point Biden is ahead but that means nothing. Only some of the early voters have been counted. In the last election Hilary was ahead at the end in the popular vote. The electors cast the vote that counts. If they don't follow the popular vote and vote that way, the popular vote doesn't count.

It is 9:50AM. And I went out and mowed the leaves in the street. I didn't want those in my yard. I got another full bag of leaves. I am hoping there won't be a ton of leaves in my yard again.

I see Scruffie is back looking in the window at the door. She has eaten already and I am not going to feed her again until perhaps evening.

She kept meowing at me and I broke down and took the food back out. She ate some of it then and I took it back in. She is gone now.

It is 12:45PM and I called Nancy to ask her if she wanted to go vote. Gina answered the phone and she said they had asked her if she wanted to go vote and she just wanted to lie on the couch and didn't want to go anywhere.

Suzanne came and picked up the rent check and brought me some homemade soup for my lunch on Thursday (actually she brought it for today but I just just eaten so I will save it for Thursday).  I want to order the meal for tomorrow evening at the Methodist church here.  I can either pick it up or they will deliver it.

She also introduced me to the woman who will be moving in next door here the middle of the month. Her name is Carla Lewis. She seems quite nice. She has a Down Syndrome son who has his own apartment. She is trying to get him into the low income apartments here when they have a one bedroom one available.

More later... 

I called Nancy again after lunch and asked her to go vote. She was willing.  So I took her to City Hall and she voted. Then we drove around Caney and looked at homes. some in great shape and some run dawn. We had a good visit too. I stayed an hour with her and visited. She had been working in her yard too...taking up her spent flowers. We decided to try to go to lunch on Friday.   

I have the CBS evening news on now. I will try to follow the election this evening even though it probably not be decided until  Friday.

The four cats came for supper. They were waiting for me to come home from Nancy's for their supper. I ate a banana myself.  

More later... 

I stayed  up to watch the election results and finally went to bed at 9:30PM after they announced a water leak had stopped the counting in one key state. I forget which one. It may have been Georgia or one of the Carolinas. In the middle of the night at 2:30 Trump declared himself a winner even though millions of votes had not yet been counted. No network, not even Fox, had declared a winner with all those uncounted votes. 


1 comment:

Ellen D. said...

Yes, we will be waiting several days to get the results. Many are saying that Biden should win and I sure hope they are right! Thank you for helping your friend vote!