Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning Day

 I slept well last night and I should have. I took two Melatonin tablets.

I looked out after I had my breakfast and there were four cats out there waiting for their breakfast. They still are not overly happy with the new food but if they get hungry enough they will learn to like it. There are still three cats out there waiting for something more.  

Still no one has the 270 electoral votes needed to be declared president. Biden is 17 votes from that total at 253 and they are still counting votes.

Trump insists he is taking it to the Supreme Court.  Last I saw, Trump had a total of 213. So he needs 57 more to qualify.

I will clean during the commercials again today. I still have the weather channel on and am waiting for the "weather on the 8's" which gives us the southeast Kansas forecast.  It should be a couple of minutes from now at 6:38AM.

I got everything vacuumed except the dining room. Now I am watching the CBS news. After it is over I will vacuum the dining room and finish wiping down the bare floor with my swifter.

Later this morning I will try to call Nancy. I got the book out that she wanted to borrow. I will get it to her today sometime if I can raise her on the phone.

I also want to go by Myrtle's Market and look around again.

More later...

I have everything done except the dusting. I got the dining room done. I will either do that dusting this afternoon or tomorrow.

Two of the cats are back for more food but they will have to wait for supper. The yellow cat is drinking some water.  I was going to refill their dish but I put away the vacuum instead and forgot my intention. Scruffie is out there too.

More later...

Scruffie lies by my door quite  a bit of the time. She's still feral but is friendlier then she used to be. I have to be careful going out the front or she acts like she would come in the door. That was a catastrophe the last time one of them got in. I ended up having to throw an afghan over that one in order to get it out. It was terrified.

About 2:00PM, I went over to Nancy's and we went for a long drive and enjoyed the lovely weather.

Then I got home and fed the cats again. The next time I looked out I noticed one of my blue bowls was gone and another was out in the yard, partly empty. There was a large black dog out there. I ran him off but I could never find the other blue bowl. Needless to say, I brought in the cat food.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and got ready to read the latest free Amazon book. I had downloaded it and returned the latest one I had read.

I will go to bed at 9;00PM

 

 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have tried Melatonin three different times, and different brand names. They work well for my husband. But every time I have tried them, I have weird dreams and sometimes nightmares that wake me up and then I can't get back to sleep. People are lucky when Melatonin helps them sleep soundly.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Susie. I seldom take it. I find if I count my breaths "one two, one two" I can usually get to sleep. If not, I take two Melatonin tablets.

Margie's Musings said...

The problem is the blue light our electronics emit. It destroys the natural Melatonin our body makes. Computers and TVs do it and even our smart phones.