Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning the Apartment

Thursday is the day I usually clean the apartment. I do that while commercials are running on TV. I dislike commercials because they are usually so stupid.

I got up at 5:00AM although I had woke up several times in the night but had managed to get back to sleep each time. I will fix my coffee and oatmeal and eat while I wait for the "weather on the 8s" and news to come on TV.

So I will get back to this at that time. More later... 

I had my breakfast and fed four cats too. Scruffie had her "special" food and the  others had the new food. The siblings are still out there and the others have filled up and left.

I have been watching the Tulsa news and once again it is full of their crime problems. I wouldn't live in Tulsa if they gave the city to me.

Oklahoma is also 19th in the nation in deaths and cases of the Coronavirus. The Midwest states have a terrible problem with the issuance of mandates to protect the general public. They are so afraid of having their "civil rights" violated. Poor things! I wonder what they would do if the draft was re-instituted...escape to Canada??? That would definitely be a violation of their civil rights. :) We would not have won the 2nd world war if this generation were born then. 

They seem not to care about anyone else except their "rights".  Some even say the virus is just a bad case of the flu. I wonder what the hundreds and thousands of folks who lost their loved ones think about that. I have no patience with idiots who think like that. It's a simple thing to wear a mask...no big deal at all.

I like to refer them to the 25th chapter of Matthew. Read verses 34 through 45 to see what Jesus thought about that kind of thinking. 

I got the entire apartment scrubbed and vacuumed while the commercials were on during the CBS news this morning.

Then this came at noon for my yesterday birthday. They are from my son, Scott and his wife, Ginger. Just Beautiful!!! Thanks to both of them so much for the lovely yellow roses!
More later...

 

   

I had some more of that delicious broccoli cheddar soup Suzanne brought me yesterday for lunch with crackers and cheddar cheese. Then I had a small piece of my cherry pie for dessert. It was very good!

The Schwans man just came with my order. That should hold me for another week or two. It's 2:55PM now and I guess I will go back to my reading for awhile. First I will call Nancy and see if she's up and around. 

Nope, she is evidently taking a nap....again. Nancy sleeps her life away. Well back to my book! More later....

I fed the four cats at 4:00PM. Scruffie got the tender center stuff from Meow Mix. The others got the new food.  They don't mind it but Scruffie won't eat it. I don't know why...spoiled, I guess. After they ate I took the food in and they went back across the street to their shelter.

It's 4:45PM now and I will play a little Freecell, I guess. Later after the CBS news at 5:30PM, I will read awhile again. I have read about one book a day for months. They are free from Amazon to read and and Prime members can have 10 a month as long as we turn back in one for each new one. 

More later... 

After the CBS evening news, I read until bath time and then read until I finished the book at 9:00PM and then went on to bed.

5 comments:

marlu said...

A belated wish for a Happy Birthday! I missed reading my favorite blogs yesterday!

Galla Creek said...

I, too, wonder how some folks draw their conclusions. I will I guess they don’t think deep. They are shallow.

Donna. W said...

I couldn't believe that some of the anti-maskers were people I thought were really intelligent. College educated, even some teachers. And most of them Christians! Don't they know the New Testament tells us to obey those who rule over us? (Romans 13:1-5).

I don't understand those people at all.

Margie's Musings said...

It;s just a matter of prevention. Anything we can do to protect others and ourselves against this virus should not even be an option.

pat m said...

Maybe you could add a little of the food to the old, then gradually increase the new