Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Tuesday and Another Boring Day

 I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM and dressed and did my makeup and then fixed my oatmeal and coffee and ate. I also downloaded another new book from Amazon. I guess I will read again today.

In a couple of minutes, I will go turn on the TV and watch my usual "weather on the 8's" to see what to expect today and the rest of the week. Tomorrow is my 85th birthday. Suzanne is bring some homemade soup for lunch  and I have some sharp cheddar cheese and some nice crackers. I will fix us some punch to drink. I may stop by The Shed at Tyro and buy a pie for dessert.

I also want to text Bob and see if he is alright today. So more later... 

I haven't heard from Bob yet. I texted him. 

I had four cats waiting for me this morning. I took Scruffie some of her special food with the tender centers. The others get the new food. She ate it all but just a few kernels I brought the dish in. The others are still out there. I chased off Big Tom. He belongs across the street on State. They can feed him.

I finally heard from Bob. I will meet him for breakfast in the morning at Coffeyville's Eggberts. After that I will get my haircut and my hair done and get gas at Woodshed.

Then I will go by Walmart and get the three or four things on my list. I will come home after that to have my lunch with Suzanne.

It is 27 degrees this morning. Very cold!!

I feel sorry for the four cats. They have only a shed to get under or that garage across the street with the cattywampus garage door. 

The other cats are still out here eating the new food. They aren't as picky as Scruffie is. To them, food is food.

In about 20 minutes I will watch the CBS news. I really am not all that interested in Tulsa's news. I am more interested in national news.

This is my only Christmas tree.


Image may contain: shoes and indoor 

My sister made it for me years ago. I just set it out on a glass topped end table. I gave my other Christmas tree to a homeless woman our church was helping. It's among the things I gave her to get her into an apartment at Sycamore landing in Coffeyville.  

I need to climb up in the attic and get what Christmas decorations I have left stored up there and decorate since I don't have a lot going on today. Somewhere up there, I also have a Christmas wreath for my front door.

I got most of the decorations down and decorated most of the apartment. I never did find the Christmas wreath Cyndi made for me. It's got to be up there somewhere but I couldn't find it. After I decorated almost all the apartment  I was completely played out. But it was a good day to do it. I had nothing else going on. It's noon now and I need to figure out what I am going to eat. Probably it will be a Schwan's chicken pot pie and some of that punch.

I will spend another Monday or Tuesday finishing the decorating. It's nearly done. I need a scarf for the top of the computer console and that's about it. And I need to find that beautiful wreath for my front door.

More after lunch...

I couldn't find a wreath at the Wal Mart in Independence. They only had big 20 inch wreaths. I want a smaller one.

I got the rest of the things on my list there. I got home about 30 Minutes ago. The cats were gathered for their supper. I got the groceries put away. I had an e-mail from one of my class mates needing an address of another one. I e-mailed it off to her. She is going to send me her news in a few days. She may be the first one this year.

I am watching the CBS news now so I will get back to this later.

At  7:00PM,I will take my bath and at 9:00PM, I will plan to go to bed. I am pretty tired after climbing that ladder into the attic and bringing all those boxes down and decorating the apartment for Christmas.

I will check tomorrow at the Coffeyville Wal Mart and see if they have the smaller wreaths they had the last few years. I know I still have the lovely one Cyndi gave me a couple of years ago but I played out before I found the right box. I gave my other Wal Mart one to that homeless lady we helped out. 

Now...to bed...

 

2 comments:

Barb said...

My daughter got a tree like that the other day (a bought one, advertised as vintage or whatever). When I was over there for Thanksgiving (we are in each others bubble, ya know), she said, whatever happened to the one you made-and I'm ashamed I have no idea. When my kids were very small I was into a serious ceramics phase (when they had the old stores not the newer color me mine type) and I have no idea what happened to all those things I made......I dunno whether to envy all you seriously earlymorning risers or just shake my head (said as an eight am at the earliest type)

Margie's Musings said...

My parents always rose early and my bedroom was right next to the kitchen where they were sitting drinking their coffee and talking quietly. I could hear their voices and it helped me to become an early riser.