Saturday, December 5, 2020

Saturday and Mowing Again

 I slept well last night after I took two Melatonin tablets. I was up and dressed shortly after 5:00AM as usual. It's 30 degrees this morning..very cold! I have had my oatmeal and am working on my coffee now. I just a few minutes I will go into the living room and turn on "the weather on the 8's" to see what the forecast is. I know it is to be very cold..I can tell that already. I am having my breakfast bar now too.

After I see what the forecast is, I will open the front door to see if the hungry cats are  there waiting for their breakfast too. They usually are. It will be very cold to go out through the garage to set their food out by the front door. I also  need to text Bob to see if he is alright. It is 6:21AM now. Surely he is up.

He was! He said he was up at 5:00AM too. 

I will try to get my dusting done today just to be sure to keep the dust down. I changed the furnace filter yesterday. That is often the source of my allergies. I dusted some on Tuesday when I decorated for Christmas so it's not terribly dusty. 

More later.. 

There were four cats ...as usual. I took Scruffie's bowl in when she was finished with it. One of the yellow cats was eating from her bowl. I want them to eat the new food. The "weather on the 8s" said it would be sunshiny all week.  Maybe I can get some leaves mowed.....the front and back yards anyhow. I can't do the west yard. It's too big. Most of the leaves are off the trees now. 

The siblings (Inky and Blondie)are still out there by my front door..playing. They usually sit by my front door and look in.

More later.... 

After lunch, I watched the Ohio State football game this afternoon. I have become a fan since Scott's wife, Ginger, is a huge fan. She graduated from Ohio State and played basketball with their women's team as a guard. Afterward, I mowed leaves...again.   It was 55 degrees by that time so not too cold. Mowing warmed me up some.

The fourth time this fall I have mowed the front yard of the leaves from everyone's trees..including the one in my front yard.

 Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, outdoor and nature 

I hope to be able to do the back after I rest up a bit.

So more later.... 

I also cleaned the leaves out of this little flowerbed for the fourth time.

 Image may contain: house, grass, tree, plant and outdoor 

You can see all the leaves from the west side yard. I have never been able to do it this year.  It's just too large. I did it last year but I was a year younger then too. If I can get up the energy to do the back yard I might make a few swaps at that west side too. We will see.

More later... 

I made a couple of swaps at the west side yard  and filled my last black yard bag so before I finish and perhaps do the back yard too, I will need another box of large black bags. I will be back later...I will need to run out to Dollar General to get those.

I got some more yard bags but I am not sure I have the energy to finish the mowing today.  I will check the weather for tomorrow. If it's not going to rain, I will try to do it in the morning. If it is going to rain, I will do it yet this afternoon or this evening.

More later.. 

I had better wait until tomorrow to mow. When I finished putting the black bag in the frame, three of the four cats were out there waiting for their supper. Scruffie is the only one not out there so I didn't put her food out there. It's almost 5:00PM so I will watch the Chanel 6 news until the CBS news comes on at 5:30PM. I hope it doesn't rain tonight. It is beginning to cool down a little anyhow.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and then read until I am ready to go to bed.

 

No comments: