Monday, March 8, 2021

Monday and a Good Night's Sleep

 I slept well last night and woke up at 6:30AM for a change. I texted Bob while I was dressing and making up my face. He evidently slept later too.

I have had my breakfast and will go watch the"weather on the 8's" and then check on the cats. So more later...

I watched the weather and then some of the CBS news. It was all about Harry and his wife's problem with the royal family.  Who cares here in the United States. They have done the only thing they could. They gave up the Royal Family. That Royal family is obsolete and this needs to be the end of it...especially after what happened  to Diana and the royal family. Just my opinion.

I fed four cats this morning and after they finished I put away the bowls.

More later... 

I tried to watch CBS this morning but it was all about Prince Harry and his wife's interview with Oprah Winfrey. They complain about their treatment by the British press and then they grant an interview with Oprah Winfrey. What's the difference  between the British press using them and ours? I had to just turn it off.

It's 9:45AM and I just had another breakfast bar.  I think I will bake my cake for next week's dinner at the First Christian Church in Independence. I may put it in the church's freezer or Bob may just want to put it in his there in his freezer at his apartment.

More later.... after I get the cake out of my oven and let it cool.

O.K. The cake's out of the oven and cooling...so I can ice it later... I will need to find out if Bob wants it frozen in the church's freezer or in mine or his. I have texted him. Maybe he will check it and give me an answer soon.

Some more CDC news:

"The CDC says fully vaccinated people can visit others who’re fully vaccinated in small gatherings indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing. Fully vaccinated people can also visit unvaccinated people if the latter are not at high risk of severe COVID-19".
 
I thought that was interesting. 
 
Bob wants me to bring my cake to his apartment instead of to the church. 

O.K. My cake is baked, cooled and iced and now in the freezer. I will take it to Coffeyville on Wednesday and put it in Bob's freezer. The cakes are not due until the 16th but mine is finished now and ready for that day.
 
I don't have another plan for today. It's a beautiful day. I may just have to read some more. I could do some laundry too. I am out of underwear and towels.

More later....
 
About 12:45PM, Scruffie came around to eat. She is very pregnant. Poor thing! She likes to come by herself. If the others come she has to fight for her food. She is eating now. 
 
My friend and classmate, Shirley, sent me a book that I am starting to read now. I got it in today's mail. It is non fiction and the title is "Killers of the Flower Moon". It is about the murders of the Osage Indians and the birth of the FBI. My great great grandmother was a part of the Trail of Tears and the terrible treatment of walking the Cherokee nation from Florida to Indian Territory. Hundreds died in that forced walk. The Trail of Tears was part of a series of forced relocations of approximately 100,000 Native Americans between 1830 and 1850 by the United States government known as the Indian removal.  Luckily my great great grandmother made it alive. This treatment of the Osage Nation is one injustice I had not heard about so Shirley sent me the book. 
 
I went up to Independence and bought some more bananas and some more breakfast bars. Then I came back home to watch the news and read. 
 
Both Inky and Blondie were outside the garage here meowing their heads off. They didn't make it this morning for breakfast. I put the bowls back down that I put down this morning for the others. They are eating that now.
 
More even later ......
 
I read in Shirley's book until time for my bath at 7:00PM. Then Leslie contacted me and asked me to put out another newsletter. Johnna's daughter, Kim, got married again on the 6th and since Johnna sent Leslie that news and Leslie forwarded it on to everyone on her list, I included that news. I will call everyone I can after 10:00AM this morning and see if I can gather some more news from everyone. I printed off all the envelopes last evening. After my bath I read some more until shortly after 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I watched a little of the interview last evening. It became very boring. It was the same question and answer for over an hour. I finally turned it off.

Margie's Musings said...

That is why I didn't watch it last night. I was bored enough watching just a snippet this morning.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

We have so many other important things going on in this country right now that I don't even want to hear about the royal family/Oprah Malarkey.. Somebody said something about the color of their child, but they don't want to say who that person was.Finally, Harry came out that it was not his Grandmother or Grandfather who said that. I just heard that this afternoon, because I didn't watch it yesterday.

We have a deadly virus killing people here in the USA, lines of cars waiting for food enough to live on, some areas of the country with uneven availability of the vaccine and they want to have a big to-do because someone wondered aloud how dark their baby's skin may be before he was born. Why didn't they just talk it out with that person and tell them that comments like that hurt their feelings, and it isn't fair to judge their baby by skin color. Grow up, quit whining,and take care of the comments when they are said to the face of whoever said them. Do they really think they or their child won't ever have to deal with any racial comments here in the USA. If they do, they are in for a surprise.

Donna. W said...

I agree. Cliff and I have never understood why Americans are so worried about what the royal family does. It doesn't even affect us.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Donna. I could care less,