Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday and a Trip to Joplin

I slept well again last night and only woke up once for my nightly trip to the bathroom. I got right back to sleep. I think the trick is to stay up later. It was after 10:00PM when I finally finished my book and went to bed.

I got up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed, made up my bed and my face and had my breakfast of breakfast bar, oatmeal and coffee. Soon I will fix my Chai latte and go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. I also will need to text Bob.

I will get back to this later.... 

It looks like we're going to have rain today and several more days of it. 

I looked out the front door and I had both Inky and Blondie out there waiting for their breakfast. I went to the garage and filled their empty bowls and raised the door. As I was filling their bowls, I could hear them meowing at the garage door.  When I raised it they rushed in.

I see the light blond cat is out there in front drinking water out of the cat's water dish.

It may be awkward trying to deliver those puppies to those that are meeting us there at Joplin. Of course, Joplin may not have rain. They are over 70 miles away. I will take my all weather coat and umbrella. 

John must have read in the blog that I was a little concerned about my car in that church parking lot just in case it hailed.

Leslie just texted me that I could come on up to their place and put my car in their garage just in case of hail. I will do that.

She also told me to wear nothing light...puppies, you know. I am wearing my blue jeans.

It's only 6:45AM now so I still have plenty of time. I need to be there at 8:30AM. I will leave here about 8:00AM or so.

More later...

And that's what I did. I left at 8:00AM and drove to Leslie and John's in the rain. I put my car in their garage and got into Leslie's vehicle with the two puppies. We will deliver them to their new owners. She drove to Joplin and on the way, I held one of the puppies. The noise from the road upset one of them and soon the other one wanted to crawl into Leslie's lap. We rode that way until the parking lot at Crackerbarrel. That's where the new owners met us. Both puppies were delivered. And both were delighted and then we went over to Olive Garden and had lunch.

After lunch, we started back home and Leslie took me to her home to pick up my car.  We had a good visit along the way.

I came home and started reading on a new book I had downloaded from Amazon. Soon I was bored with it and decided to work on this blog instead.

It's 4:15PM now and I guess I will watch the CBS news soon. After the news, I went back to my book.

Then at 7:00PM, I took my bath and I read all evening and finished my latest book.  At 9:30PM, I went on to bed.

 

No comments: