Friday, April 30, 2021

Friday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I dressed, made my bed and fixed my breakfast. The Melatonin worked well plus the fact that I was very tired. It's 6:00AM now and I haven't had "the weather on the 8's" on yet. I haven't checked on the cats yet either. I will take my coffee in the living room and do that before resuming here.

More later... 

Sure enough there were three cats waiting for their breakfast. They are eating like they haven't eaten in a week. They must know by now that if they walk away from that food, I will bring the bowls back in and put them away.

I also wrote my May rent check while I was up and got it ready for Steve or Suzanne to pick up. 

I finished my coffee and made up my Chai Latte. While I was at the Coffeyville Walmart on Wednesday, I bought two boxes of it. The Independence store does not carry it and since it's a Walmart brand, the grocery market here in Caney doesn't have it ether.

I see the cats have finished eating so I will bring in the bowls now.

More later... 

Blondie stayed out there in front of the door. He is friendlier  then most of the cats. He is the one that tries to come in when I open the door. Of course I don't let him in.

I went out to Eggbert's for lunch and had my usual....chicken salad on lettuce with a muffin and a small bowl of fruit fruit and iced tea for a beverage. 

I read all afternoon. But first  I took that last piece of cherry pie to Nancy...she was sick to her stomach again. She had not got her bedding plants planted. I watered them since she had left them on her back deck in the sun. Then I came back home.

The battery is down again on the Kindle. I have it charging again now. It's 5:04PM and I had hoped to finish that book this afternoon. Maybe I still can before bedtime.

I want to go out to that place on the highway that has bedding plants and see if I can find some red ones to plant in my flowerbed. I will do that right now.

I found them at the Caney Market for $1.29 a packet.  They wanted $5.00 each at the place at the highway. I planted six. I took a couple of photos but the color red did not show up well. The Dusty Miller shows up plenty white. It was much smaller last year. I left it to make it through the winter. It got huge. Now I am hesitant to try to transplant it this late.

 May be an image of flower and outdoors

I am exhausted this afternoon and I don't know why except that I have been sitting and reading a lot today.

It's 6:12PM now and at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and try to go to bed at 9:00PM like I did last night.