Thursday, April 29, 2021

Thursday and Shopping for Flowers

I slept very poorly last night and woke up every hour on the hour after midnight until a little after three when I just gave up and got up. I guess I will start taking Melatonin again tonight.

I dressed and ate my breakfast and checked my e-mail. I had received the County Chronicle and passed it on to those I share it with after I had read it first myself.

It's almost 5:00AM now and I guess I will go read on my latest mystery book again.

More later...

I read until 7:38AM when I finished the latest book. Then I opened the door to find three cats..Inky, Blondie and Scruff. I fed them. Luckily they didn't give up on me but just waited me out.

I haven't even had "the weather on the 8's" on yet...or the TV. I just turned it on. I will check the weather before I go back to the blog.

I also need to go to the Caney Market and look for some breakfast bars. If they don't have them I can get them at Dollar General.

My niece, Denise, came over about 9:00AM to visit. She is very upset and has got to get her brother out of her place. He has quit his job...just walked off without any notice and is sponging off of her and about to drive her crazy. He does nothing at all and has even quit looking for a job. He says Spears, here in Caney, wants him to come back to his job. 

I told her she would have to get his friend who took his truck to get it fixed, to bring his truck back to him so he will have transportation. They have it parked at his friend's mom's farm. It has an expired tag, no insurance and an expired driver's license and no telling what else.  He has no furniture so he needs a furnished room. 

If he got the job back at Spears, he would need a furnished room here in Caney. He could eat his meals out. What a mess!

At this point, she is stuck. 

After lunch, I went over to Nancy's and found her dressed and in good shape. We took a trip to Independence to Winkleman's nursery and bought our hanging plants. Nancy bought bedding plants too. 

May be an image of brick wall and outdoors 

This is the one on the front hook.  


May be an image of African daisy and outdoors 

And this one is at the back door.

I read until 7:00PM, took my bath and watched some recorded TV programs. Suzanne called and wanted me to walk with her but I was way too tired this time and begged off. I read some more and redid my lists of books showing the ones I had read.

At 9:00PM, I went on to bed. I did take two Melatonin tablets this time.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Some people are just sort of pitiful. There isn’t much to do to help them. The more you do the less they do. I know some like this.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too. This young man is the one I know. His folks enabled him since his senior year in high school. He will be 59 in May.

Suemn said...

I know this doesn't help your niece but we've got a sibling in our family who is pretty much the same as her brother.

Margie's Musings said...

She just texted me that she told him to get in his truck and leave. The last time she threw him out he lived in his truck for awhile.