Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night. I got up once to go to the bathroom and while I was up, I checked out the new cardinal. It was glowing  brightly! And that was at 2:30AM this morning. I think I will put the solar cat out on the table in the back and see if it's still working too. It was doing fine last summer. It has been in the house all winter. I found it doesn't work if it's just setting in the sun on the table under the window. It has to be outside.

I was up very early this morning and stripped my bed and am doing a load of laundry.. I was out of socks and underwear. The towels and bedding needed to be washed too. Everything is in the dryer now.

I will clean the apartment this morning. I usually do that  on Thursday but I didn't get it done this past Thursday. I think that's the day I took Nancy and we went to the nursery in Independence and got our hanging plants. She got her bedding plants too that day. I wanted some red for my flowerbed and wasn't going to pay $5.00 a plant for them. I got mine the next day at the Caney Market for $1.29 each. I bought five of them.

I see it's 5:45AM and I guess I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what happened to the rain we were forecast for last night.

I see they have forecast the rain for this evening and tomorrow. 

I have the same three cats this morning. Actually this time it's not the neighbor's big yellow cat. This time it is Inky and Blondie...the slimmer Blondie, Inky's brother, and Scruff the very pale yellow one...the survivor from the second litter of Scruffie. The black sibling of Blondie was the one run over by a car here in front of my apartment. I took all four bowls out to them. That tends to keep them from quarreling over the food....if they have plenty out there. I also filled their water dish.

I have most of the laundry folded and put away. The pjs and towels are still  damp so I put them back in the dryer. 

I got the laundry  all finished and dried and put away and the apartment is clean again. It's 9:43AM and everything is done. I need to go out to Dollar General and buy a product I am out of. So I may as well get that done now.

I got what I needed at Dollar General. One less thing to do. 

I found I couldn't  lift the bag with the grass clippings in it and wondered how to get that done. My neighbor, Brandon, came home while I was considering that and I asked him if he could lift it into the trash container for me and he was happy to do that.

I had set my little solar cat outside on the glass topped table this afternoon...and what do you know, he still glows! Amazing!

May be an image of indoor 

I read until the battery went down on my Kindle again. I have it charging again now. 

It's 6:30PM now and soon I will take my bath.  I probably should try to go to bed early since I have been up since 4:00AM.

 

3 comments:

Suemn said...

The solar cardinal that you received is really a nice gift. I've never seen anything like it but I'll be on the lookout in the garden stores now that I know about them. I'm glad to hear that everyone enjoyed your coffee cake yesterday. I made a coffee cake yesterday after reading about you baking your coffee cake because it sounded so good.

Galla Creek said...

Of course the cardinal is a reminder of loved ones passed. How special.

Margie's Musings said...

I came in the den at 2:30AM and checked out the cardinal and it was shining brightly!!