Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday and Working in the Yard

I slept very well again last night.I woke twice to go to the bathroom after drinking a lot of water after giving blood yesterday. But I got right back to bed and right back to sleep.

I have made my bed and dressed for the day. I am having my breakfast now. 

I am thinking of making another flowerbed in the front yard. Outside of the hanging plants, there is not much color there. I would like to make it around the mailbox where it would get full sun. I would get some more of those red bricks to line it. I will have to borrow a shovel to dig it.

I also want to borrow Janet's hedge trimmer to trim the hedge out front. She says she has two electric ones and I can borrow one. I will check on that Wednesday when I go over there for my hair appointment. I wish I had picked it up last Wednesday while I was there for Bunco but I forgot.

All three cats are out there now eating their breakfast.  They act like they haven't eaten in a week but they were just here last night for supper.

It's 7:12AM ...much later then I usually am drinking my Chai. I am watching the CBS Saturday morning news now on TV.  I haven't even watched "the weather on the 8's" yet. It looks like a pretty day so far.

John and Leslie have undoubtedly left for Nauvoo, Illinois now.  They will be working with a group on our historical properties. They did that once before several years ago. I think they will be gone a week. John's brother-in law will be watching the farm and feeding the animals. Karan has the two house dogs, Kiki and Mini for the week.

It's 8:38AM now and I am thinking of mowing the front yard again. I did it last Monday but there is rain forecast for next Monday and Tuesday and I don't want it to get away from me. It is damp right now so I will wait and see if it dries out some later this morning. After it does. I will mow the front again.  Then this afternoon, I will mow the back again.

It's 9:45AM and I just started mowing the front yard. I got about three swipes done and am pooped out. Evidently giving blood yesterday took a lot more out of me then I thought. I guess I will have to work at it fifteen minutes at a time to get it done.

I got three more swipes done and now I am going to have to rest for 15 minutes again. It's amazing how tired I get after just three swipes at it. It's 10:00AM now and I will wait until 10:15AM to start again.

It's 10:25AM now and I think I only have two more strips to go. I emptied the grass catcher bag this time and swept up the grass on the driveway that didn't make it in the bag. I'll wait until 10:40AM to finish and then after I rest up I will go to the Caney Market and get the groceries I will need for the the week. I will certainly have my exercise for the morning. It depends on the heat this afternoon whether I get the back yard done. It's 71 degrees now...not bad.

It's 10:50AM and I have the front yard finished. 

May be an image of grass

I will rest up a bit and drink some water before going to the market. While I am there I want to see if they carry that Nestle flavored water. I found an unopened bottle of that in the passenger's side pocket of my car. Bob Avery probably put it there.  I like the grape flavor.

More later..

I did got to the Caney Market and I did find that grape flavored water. I also bought some other groceries on my list.

I read the rest of the afternoon and watched the CBS evening news too. It is 6:15PM now and I am nearly ready to take my bath. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM again.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I was wondering how your iron was, but didn’t want to ask. Guess it was better since they let you give blood.

I’m sorry Leslie will not be with you Mother’s Day.