Thursday, May 6, 2021

Thursday and A Trip to Chanute

I slept pretty well again last night..but as usual, I was up early... near 5:00AM. I made my bed up and also got myself ready for the day. 

I am thinking of driving up to Chanute where they have a Merle Norman store and getting my makeup. I am nearly completely out of several things. I have e-mailed my friend, Gay, to see if she is free for lunch. I will wait to make my final decision until I hear from her.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee and find out what today's weather is to be like. It's almost 6:00AM now and the local "weather on the 8's" will soon be on TV.  

My allergies are going crazy this year. They are always terrible in spring but this year they are even worse. I have sneezed and blown ever since I got out of bed.

I will also need to find out how many cats are looking for their breakfast.  So, more later...

It's 6:39AM now and my son, Scott, just called and visited with me for awhile. It had been awhile...I am always delighted when the kids call.  I hear from Keith's wife, Esther,  every morning. She has started texting me every morning since I live alone. She doesn't like the idea of no one checking in on me. She's a sweetheart!  

More later... 

The same three cats that come for breakfast every morning are here again. It's the two blond cats, Blondie and Scruff and the black one I call Inky. Blondie and Inky are both male and Scruff is the only female.,,she is a pale yellow.

It's 6:55AM now. 

I am going to have to go to Chanute today to get my makeup.It's forecast for rain the rest of the week. I don't want to drive up there in the rain. I have tried to call Gay and also texted her and she just called me back. She will meet me for lunch at 11:30AM at Opie's. So, I am off for Chanute this morning. It's almost 8:00AM now and it takes me an hour and a half to drive there.

So, more later...

I got back from Gay's about an hour ago. We had a real nice visit and Adele, her  sister, showed up in time to have lunch with us and a nice visit too.  I left about 1:05PM and got home at 2:25PM. I stopped in Independence and got gas at Miller Brothers.

I found I had missed the Schwan's man while I was gone. He left me a catalog with his telephone number so I called him and he brought my order by. Luckily he was still in town.

About 3:24PM I started mowing the west side of my yard. I got about three rounds done and emptied the bag and came in for some water and to rest awhile. It's 3:50PM now and I will rest awhile before resuming the mowing. I'll start again about 4:10PM. I would like to get it finished before the rains tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I got another three rounds done. I intend to just take it a little at a time until I get it finished. I stop and drink water from time to time. That keeps me hydrated.

It's 4:24PM and I have just another six strips to go before I get it done. I have emptied the bag again and am drinking some more water.     

I got the west side of my yard mowed and even got the bag in the trash afterward!

May be an image of grass and tree 

 See, it looks nice. I just took it in spells and drank lots of water and got it done this afternoon...before the rains start. 

May be an image of grass 

There's the rest of it!

No photo description available. 

And just look at the glowing solar kitty! That was a gift from Leslie several years ago.

It's 8:05PM now and I will eat my banana and I watched the CBS news when it came on.

I had planed to take my bath at 8:00PM and go to bed about 9:00PM.



Sister--Three said...

You and Bob used to check on each other. I think it’s a good idea for her to send a little text daily. How thoughtful.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she is very thoughtful! She is a very nice person!!

Suemn said...

Margie, It sounds like you got a lot done today. I'll have to mow my front and back yards tomorrow.

Sister--Three said...

Yard look so neat trimmed.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You really did a lot today, especially considering you were in the car for about 3 1/2 hours before even starting mowing. Just riding in the car for that long would have been a day for me. You would think I traveled by horse and buggy or something. Your yard looks so nice after mowing. It looks like a good sized yard, it was smart to take breaks and rehydrate. Your solar kitty is cute.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you all!! And that you Susie!