Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

It's another one of those days with no particular plan. The apartment is clean, the laundry is done and the yard is mowed. The flowerbed is planted too. I really don't have a plan for today. I would like to go to Chanute to visit my friend, Gay, but it's supposed to rain the next couple of days and I don't want to drive 60 miles and back in uncertain weather. It is raining here now.

I slept fairly well considering I didn't take any melatonin. I was up before 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have even had my breakfast.

I did hear from Dean, my classmate. He is hoping to come for a visit the week of the 17th.  I don't have anything on the agenda that week after my sermon on the 16th. If he gets to come, he plans to stay three or four days. We will play it by ear. He has a bunch of stints in his heart so I am a little concerned about that. He would be driving down from Topeka. He has two doctor appointments this month so we will see what he learns from his doctor on the first one.

I should go check out "the weather on the 8's" and see if any of the cats are out there. It may be raining and they seldom come out in rain even for food.

I notice my little solar cardinal is still glowing out there. I am so glad I got my yard mowed yesterday.

More later.. 

The same three cats were out there wanting breakfast...Inky, Blondie and Scruff, the light blond small cat. They didn't come for supper last night. It's raining now and the wind is blowing too. I set the four bowls as close to the door as possible to try to keep the food dry. They seem to be managing. Suzanne doesn't want me feeding the cats in the garage so I just do the best I can. I had blown the garage out yesterday afternoon. The car tracks in dirt. I finally just parked in the street and hooked up the heavy duty electric cord and blew it clean as I could. The mower makes a mess and I seldom blow it clean.

Inky wanted to wrestle with Blondie and Blondie wasn't interested so finally Inky got tired of being scolded and went somewhere else to spend a rainy day. Blondie hung around for quite awhile until the rain let up a little and then he left too.

It's 10:37AM now and I have ween reading and eating on some candy I had tucked away. I am tired of both.  The trash people came and took my trash and I went out while the rain was light and put away my trash container.

It's 11:21AM now and I have ruined my appetite with the candy. I may just make myself a half a peanut and jelly sandwich for my lunch.

More even later...


May be an image of outdoors 

One of my boys (I assume it was one of them) sent me this lovely hummingbird feeder for a Mother's Day gift, I had the neat solar cardinal from Leslie and John already so that's why I think it must be one of my boys and their wives. I have always had hummingbirds to feed and am so happy to have this large a feeder.  I would like to send a thank you note if I just knew which one it was.

And what do you know..I have my first hummingbird out there eating from it. I am in the den and too far away to show it on this site. 


No photo description available. 

Nope..too far away! Shucks!

But I did discover a notice in the packaging that it came from Ginger and Scott Miller. That was something I needed to know!

I took my bath at 6:30PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love all your gifts . They are special.

Margie's Musings said...

I love them too! They usually send me flowers and I enjoy them too. But these are more permanent!

Donna. W said...

I had to give up on the hummingbirds. Within four hours after putting out a feeder, the ants invade it and then the hummingbirds have nothing to do with it. One fluttered outside our window yesterday as if to say, "Where is our nectar?"