Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday and Possible Breakfast Out

 I slept pretty well last night. I was up shorty before 5:00AM, made up my bed and face , dressed and made some coffee. 

Nancy wanted to eat breakfast out at 9:00AM so I won't eat this morning and will hope she is up and dressed at 9:00AM. She still hasn't heard any word about her son. I don't remember if I posted the latest news on David. The last she heard he was in the hospital and not sure if he was going to live. He has some kind of bacterial infection and is still in a semi coma state. Nancy is not been  kept in the loop on his condition. Her daughter-in-law does not want her calling either. They say they don't want to worry her.  Heavens! It worries her worse not knowing anything. He is her only child. Her daughter-in-law doesn't like Nancy. Who on earth doesn't like Nancy! Anyhow her cousin's wife is flying out there on Tuesday to be emotional support for the daughter-in-law. We are hoping Gina will keep Nancy informed about his condition. 

So since I learned about David's situation, I have tried to be emotional support for Nancy and Dale, her cousin, is doing the same. He is a nice guy. His wife, Gina, is the one who constantly reminds Nancy about her "dementia". Nancy is about as forgetful as anyone 86 years old. But I sure don't think she has "dementia". I visit with her a couple of times a week for two or three hours and I am sure if she had dementia, I would know.

So this morning, I am drinking my coffee and Chai latte and not eating until I see Nancy this morning.

Tomorrow my granddaughter, Christina, and her family will be here until Monday. I am excited to be able to see her and the family again. She and her family were back here a couple of years ago and my son, Keith, came back too so he could see them. My granddaughter, Sara, does a better job of keeping in touch with her father.  These girls are the product of  Keith's first wife. They divorced years ago.

Leslie and John will be leaving on Sunday to go to Roaring River for a fishing trip.They will be gone until next Wednesday. They have reservations there and did not know Christina and her family were going to be here.  But they would like to have them out on Saturday to visit so they are planning on that. Christina's husband is in the army and is being transferred to San Antonio to Fort Sam Houston. So they are in the process of moving there. She told me they were coming a couple of months ago and I had put that on the calendar...but on my 2022 calendar by mistake. I have one of those two year calendars. So I was very glad Sara called me yesterday and reminded me they were on their way. I gave Sara and Christina my new address too.

It's 6:20AM now and I will go watch the weather and feed any cats that might be out there.

Only Scruff and Blondie were out there again.  I don't know what happened to the other cats I used to feed. Evidently either someone took them out to their farm to handle mice and rats or they adopted them. I hate to think anyone would kill them. I have fed them ever since I moved here. They are still wild. 

It's 75 degrees already and they are forecasting scattered thunderstorms this afternoon and tomorrow. I got the yard mowed just in time.

I am going to watch "Good Morning America" this morning on ABC. That beats the local Tulsa news...which I am not interested in. CBS news doesn't come on until 8:00AM and it's only 6:50AM right now. 

More later...

It was just what I was afraid of. When I called Nancy when I was on my way to pick her up, She answered but she had been still sleeping. I told her she needed the sleep worse then she needed breakfast and I came on back home to have my oatmeal. No big deal! But I did tell her my granddaughter and her family would be here tomorrow and until after Monday so she would not hear from me until Tuesday.

More later...

I got a message on my phone that my phone memory was full and I needed to fix that.I went over to Coffeyville and Chris there at US Cellular freed up a gig. Then I went through and deleted a lot of photos that were not necessary to keep. That freed up a lot.

I went to Walmart to get Amy's soups and also Idahoan cheddar broccoli soup. The Caney Market said they would order them for me. 

When I got home, I went out to Eggbert's and had my chicken salad and the muffin and a small bowl of fruit, 

Then when I got home I found I had an e-mail from "Amazon" telling me they had temporarily closed my account and cancelled my Prime.That did not look right to me. There were several links they wanted me to use to check that out and they wanted my password. Luckily, I had Amazon's 800 number from previous scams and I called it and talked to an Amazon employee who checked it out for me and assured me my account was still open and my Prime was still due to be renewed the last week of June. I get so sick of scams. I get them on my phone and also on e-mail. I block the ones on my phone and delete the e-mails after I check with the real Amazon and ascertain whether it really is an Amazon e-mail. It is 2:18PM now. 

I guess I will go read. I got a little overheated when I went to Coffeyville about my phone. According to my phone it is 91degrees out there but the humidity is something else. I am going to stay in the rest of the day.

More later...

I called Nancy in the later afternoon and she picked up and answered.I had a health newsletter about dementia and Alzheimer's and I wanted to give it to her. So I went over to visit. She always wants me to come because she is so lonely.

While I was there her Samantha caregiver came. After a short visit, I came home so she would eat her supper. At home I had my banana and later a small bowl of strawberries.

I watched the weather and read until 9:00PM, when I went onto bed. I was very tired. The heat really gets to me anymore.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Seems like the scams are multiplying.

Suemn said...

I had a scam email from Amazon last week after I placed an order. The scam email indicated that a new Mac would be delivered the next day to an address in a state I do not live. I went directly to my Amazon account to check my orders and there was no Mac that was ordered so I felt safe. Some of the scam emails are hard to tell whether from the legitimate companies. I feel bad for people who get scammed.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too Suemn.