Monday, June 7, 2021

Monday and Dean's Visit

I was up at 5:00AM as usual and quietly went into the bathroom and took my bath and got myself ready for the day. I don't think I disturbed Dean at all. He has that ventilator thing he sleeps with since he has sleep apnea. It makes a small hissing noise and it evidently drowns out any noise I make. It's 7:00AM now and I have folded out the sheets I took off my bed yesterday morning and will put them away when Dean is out of bed. He sleeps late so I will go ahead and have my coffee but he wants to eat breakfast out so I will not eat anything. He is determined not to let me cook anything. He says it is my vacation too.

He has this white Toyota convertible and I asked him what year it was and he said it was a 2007 vehicle and it is just like new. He also has a van and sometimes he brings that...but not this time. It needed Freon he said. 

I will make my coffee and check the weather quietly. I may open the front door and see if any cats are out there too.  

Blondie and Scruff were out there waiting for their breakfast  so I filled the double dish and one of the smaller ones and set it out there for them.

More later...I want to check the weather. 

It looks like rain today in the afternoon and tomorrow as well.  

It's 10:00AM now and Dean is still asleep. He evidently sleeps later all the time. We were up late visiting though so maybe he is just tired after his long trip down here and then another trip to Bartlesville last night and then we visited late last night.

More later....  

Dean slept until 11:45AM and I finally went in the bedroom and checked on him. I wanted to be sure he was still breathing and he was.

We went to Eggbert's and had breakfast. Then we went up to Independence and drove around and looked at Independence. We got back to the apartment after we drove over to Havana to see what all was still there after all these years...not much except houses.

Then we came back to the apartment. I warmed up our leftovers from yesterday's meal at Murphy's Steak House.

This evening we watched the movie "The Insider". He had never seen it. After that we went on to bed. It was 9:35PM. 

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Have a great visit.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope the weather turns out to be nice with very little rain and you have a wonderful visit.

Galla Creek said...

My Aunt Helen ( not my sister Helen) sleeps til noon everyday. She’s your age. I can’t sleep til 7. I really wish I could sleep longer, but I can’t. My daughter Laura is like me up early. Glad you’re getting to have a visitor.

Suemn said...

Wow! What a late sleep-in:) I bet you were really hungry for your breakfast after having gotten up so early.