Saturday, June 12, 2021

Saturday and Company

I slept well last night. I had gotten a little overheated yesterday. I got up before 6:00AM this morning and got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast.

My granddaughter, Christina, and her family will be coming today to visit this weekend. They are in the process of moving to San Antonio where Kyle is being stationed.They will meet me at John and Leslie's at lunchtime. Leslie is going to get pizza for our lunch.  John and Leslie will be leaving tomorrow for their camping weekend at Roaring River so today was the only day they could see Christina and Kyle and their girls, Mia and Kylie.

Their family will go to church at our church tomorrow. Afterward we plan to go over to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch. Then I imagine they will come over to Caney to my apartment to visit with me. They will be leaving for San Antonio on Monday morning. It will be good to see them. I think it was three years ago when they came to visit before and Keith and Esther came then too. Keith wanted to see his daughter.

More later..I'd better check the weather and the cat situation. 

There were three yellow cats out there this morning. The third one left when it saw I only had two bowls. I got a third one out and took it out but that cat was gone by then. So Scruff and Blondie are the only ones out there now. They are eating like they haven't eaten in weeks and it's just been since yesterday morning.

I think the other yellow cat is out there eating now. He waited until one of the others left. Scruff is pretty hostile to the others when it comes to food.

I am watching CBS Saturday morning now, I will catch the weather later. 

More later...   

Looks like it's strictly sunshine next week. We never did get that storm they predicted for last night. I watered my flowers this morning.

I also started trimming the yard. Then the battery went down before I got the south side of the back yard finished.  I am charging it now. I will finish this evening after it cools down a bit.

Leslie ordered four large pizzas for lunch from here in Caney, I am supposed to pick them up at 11:45AM. She ordered them with her app and paid for them in advance. I just am supposed to pick them up. I went up and checked to see if I had access to the Pizza Hut parking. They finished that part of the highway construction yesterday..thank goodness. When I went to Eggbert's yesterday noon I had to take a back street and go into their parking lot from the street next to the high school. They must have worked late to get that finished.

More later... 

I picked up the four large pizzas at Pizza Hut at 11:45AM and took them out to John and Leslie's for lunch. The granddaughter and family were later then they thought. It was 1:00PM before they got there and we waited till all the kids played in the pool until we ate.. Then the four kids (two of Jeromy's and two of Christina's) played in their pool while we visited. When they were ready, we ate.

I was pretty tired and ready to go back to my apartment  before 3:00PM but Leslie wasn't ready for me to go. She did want me to wait and let Jeromy and Christina visit.  So I did. It was good to see Christina, her husband, Kyle, and the great grandchildren. As usual, it was good to see Jeromy and his girls too .

When I got home, I turned on the TV to watch the news and ate my banana. By this time it was 4:30PM and I knew I was pretty tired. The heat gets to me anymore. I also ate the rest of my strawberries.

I texted the congregation to encourage attendance tomorrow.Mike and Laura won't be there. Mike has to work and Laura is going to watch her granddaughter play volleyball. 

I got the trimmer battery charged and as soon as it cooled down a bit outside, I went out and finished the trimming. I will read awhile now. At 7:00PM I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.           


Galla Creek said...

Kids love getting to swim.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, you're so right!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Be careful of that heat. It can creep up and all of a sudden really knock a person for a loop. I got too hot a few years ago out in the front yard and all of a sudden could barely make it back into the house, got sick to my stomach in kitchen trash, and came near fainting right before I was able to sit down. I put my head on my arms for a few minutes and then was able to get some cold water and finally got to feeling better by drinking the water and splashing it on my neck and face.

Ever since then I wear a wet cool old thin towel around my neck when it is in the humid 90's outside. I never had a problem with the heat until I had it that first time, and now I am affected by the heat quite often.

It sounds like you had a very busy and fun day.