Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Tuesday and A Trip to Coffeyville

Dean was up earlier this morning and I was too. We sat at the table and drank our coffee until  almost 8:00AM. He is taking a shower now and then after that I will get in the bathroom  and put my face on. I slept well again last night on that trundle bed.

He wants to go over to Coffeyville this morning so we will do that. I want to show him what that wealthy woman from Coffeyville has done on 9th Street and 10th Street to redo older houses. ..especially the ones she lived in and the one her grandmother lived in. Then she began helping other folks redo theirs.

I don't know if she has continued to do that but we will check.

Blondie and Scruff were the only two cats that came for breakfast this morning. I fed them and I think they are finished and gone now. I will check.

So, more later....

We went over to Coffeyville early. We didn't eat breakfast and just had some coffee before we left for Coffeyville. When we got over there we went out to South Willow where his family built their homes years ago. The house he lived in was gone. Some of the others were too.

We next went to the Chamber office and they gave us a phone number for the Board of Education. I called and told them Dean had a piece of Field Kindley history he would like to donate to the school for their trophy case. It had belonged to his older brother. They accepted it and also took our photos with it and got the information about Dean's brother and the year he graduated from the school. 

After that we drove around Coffeyville so Dean could  see what all had changed. Then we went to El Peublito for lunch and then afterward came back to Caney.

He looked around the building here that had odds and ends in it but didn't find anything he wanted to buy so we came back to my apartment and spent the afternoon visiting. I did water all my plants and made arrangements to have my yard mowed Thursday.....if it doesn't rain. 

Dean will be leaving tomorrow after I get my hair done and we get back to Caney. 

I was pretty tired and after we watched some TV, I went on to bed.

No comments: