Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday and a Weekend in Springfield

I see we have a frost advisory until the weekend is over. I will bring my mums in to protect them from a frost. I will be gone to Mission Center Conference with my daughter, Leslie. I brought in the large mum Nancy bought me yesterday to protect it from the awful wind. I found the glass topped table tipped over and the the mum laying on it's side yesterday morning. There was very little damage to it but only because I brought it in.

No cats came to eat yesterday. Perhaps the wind discouraged them too. And there were limbs down all over town.

Leslie is having her hair done this morning and then she will call me and she will come pick me up and we will leave. I have packed the minimum but still I have a small suitcase filled. I have a change of clothes, my night clothes and make up and contact stuff and toothpaste stuff. That filled my small suitcase. I couldn't have got all that stuff in any smaller suitcase and that one is the only one I have. I'm not sure how I will pack for our Thanksgiving trip to Gallatin next month. Maybe I can borrow a larger suitcase from Nancy.

It's 6:30AM now and I guess I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

Both cats came for breakfast and I fed them. They were very hungry after having nothing yesterday at all. ...especially Scruff. She has no other source of food. Blondie lives over on State street...second house from the corner. But he mostly comes and eats here too. Scruff tries to run him off but she's too small. She's feisty but smaller.

I brought the other mum plant in the garage so the frost wouldn't get it either.

More even later ....

I took some water over to Nancy and Sandy was there and had fixed her breakfast. I left the water and came on back home after visiting with Sandy awhile.

More even later. Leslie is on her way. 

More tomorrow evening when we get back!

No comments: