Monday, October 11, 2021

Monday and Working on My Sermon

Ted, our church's South Central States Mission Center president, sent me a link to the church site that has been hacked and is supposed to be a security risk so I got the material notes for my sermon next Sunday. I was up at 6:00AM this morning and had my breakfast and worked up my sermon and printed off a bulletin. So I have been too busy to do anything but eat my breakfast! I like to have that sermon finished a week ahead of time. Then I heard from Leslie too and she took the risk as well and also sent me the material. So I am ahead of the game again. I sent her the bulletin I put together so she could plan the music. We use an electronic way of doing the music any more. I miss the pianist but this is the new way of doing things. Besides, our only pianist is laid up recuperating from a broken hip surgery now.

I will go check the "weather on the 8's" now and also see if any cats have come for breakfast. I see it's not raining now but I think it rained most of the night. At least I heard it and it kept me sleeping later.

So more later... 

It was wet out and neither of the cats  came for breakfast. I watched the weather and read until lunch time and then I baked one of my mini pizzas for my lunch.  I had to charge my Kindle again so I worked on one of the puzzles Carol sent me. They are certainly challenging but I am making a little progress.  It's not raining yet so I set the solar kitty out to catch some rays.

I went to Sonic after lunch and bought one of their new mocha crunch blasts. They are pretty good although I'll bet they are full of calories. I better not have them too often or I will gain weight.

I called Nancy to see if she wanted to take a ride while the sun is shining. She said she was having trouble with diarrhea again and was spending too much time in the bathroom today and had not dressed again. She plans to dress tomorrow and we are to go to lunch tomorrow at Eggbert's. I told her it was forecast for rain the rest of the week.  She said she would dress tomorrow by quarter till 12:00AM. If she still wants to go to eat out, she will have to.:)

Toni texted me this afternoon and moved my appointment on Wednesday to 8:30AM. I told her that would be fine. I can make it that early just fine. I will need to stop by the bank and get some cash though. I bought some groceries again this morning and paid cash and am down to $10.00. I get $50.00 a week from the bank. That holds me for a week or two.

I think I will go rake awhile since I am charging my Kindle. That gives me some good exercise. It's 3:45PM now.

More later...

I raked and bagged the back yard again. Now that my Kindle is charged I will go read and rest and drink some water. It is 4:40PM now and I am tired.

 So more even later...

May be an image of tree and grass 

I mowed the front yard this evening. I was afraid we were going to get rain again the next three days.

May be an image of tree and grass 

It's nearly 7:00PM now and I will take my bath and read some more then go on to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: