Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday and Church

I plan to go to church this morning. I will go a little early to be sure the church is still clean. After church I plan to eat lunch at "Just Us" in Cherryvale unless a different offer comes up.

I was up very early this morning. I was planning to check if the church's website was back up and it wasn't. The site says it's a security issue. I checked the lectionary themes on another site. I am to speak at church on the 17th. I needed to know where to begin with a theme. I found some appropriate scriptures on a Methodist site. Maybe the church's site will soon be back up. I hope so.

Now it's 5:00AM so I will go make my bed and get dressed.

It's 5:39AM now and I am dressed and ready to have my breakfast. Soon I will turn on the TV and try to see "the weather on the 8's". Sometimes it's awhile before they do that. Also in a little while I will check on the cats too.

I don't think it rained last night. At least I didn't hear any on the roof. 

 So, more even later...

I watched the weather and the news and read awhile and then it became time to leave for church especially if I intended to get there early enough to do some cleaning...if it needed it. 

As it turned out, Leslie had done what cleaning that needed to be done. I ran the vacuum in the sanctuary what little it needed.

We had a little better attendance today We had 13. We should have twice that many. Going to church is a habit we get into and when we break that habit for a year or two, it may be hard for some to get back to it. Not me. I have always gone to church. I am a 4th generation at my church. My great grandparents were the first to join. 

The two sermons of our guest ministers ran over almost 30 Minutes. Then after the service was over, Rick and Carmen and I went over to "Just Us" for lunch. It was, as usual, excellent food, and I ate too much. When I went to pay my bill, Rick had paid it. Bless his heart!

When I got home I did the best I could without a theme from the church to put together a sermon for next week.  The World Church site has a security problem right now and they will have to solve that before anyone can access their web site.

Nancy called awhile ago at 3:45PM and wanted to know if I would like to go to lunch with her on Tuesday. I would drive and she would buy lunch. She won't have it any other way. I told her I would be glad to do that. We will go to Eggbert's.

In about 30 Minutes, I will log onto the Mission Center Zoom to watch the worship service there. 

I went out and picked up leaves in the back yard. It's very good exercise. I didn't get quite all of them but I got most of them.

More much later...

I had a terrible time getting logged on to the Zoom site. I think it was my internet connection. I have been having problems with it from time to time. Anyhow, after the fifth try, I finally connected and watched the sermon. Vivian preached. She did a good job.

Then I went in to watch 60 Minutes which I had recorded..I thought I had recorded it but I lost the last of it because the football game ran onto the 60 Minutes time. That was disgusting!

So instead I read. Scruff came for supper and I fed her. At 7:00PM I took my bath and read until 8:30PM when I finally gave up and went to bed.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

13 is about all we have at the Methodist Church I attend. The Baptist has gained a few people lately, but even so, there are only around 20 or 25. People just don't go to church any more. It's a busy world, with husband and wife often working on jobs that keep them busy all week, so they want a couple days to sleep in and have family time with their children. I miss the old days... not that those times were perfect, but it's how I was raised and what's familiar to me.

Galla Creek said...

I wish I could hear you deliver your sermon next week. It would bless me and the best theme comes from your heart.