Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday and Work on The Sermon Again

I slept fitfully last night. I couldn't get comfortable and kept waking up. For one thing,my sinus were draining and stopping me up.I finally got p and took an allergy pill. That helped but still I kept waking up briefly. I finally stayed asleep until 6:00AM when I got up, dressed and made my bed. I am eating my breakfast now and it is 7:35AM. What a mess!!

I used my last left contact this morning. I thought I might have worn the one I was using too long because in order to read with the left contact in, I have had to use a pair of readers. Either my eye has become worse or Roger was just able to correct it better. He said  he just put a very strong contact in that lazy eye to force it to work. Who knows. 

I should go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats as late as it is.

Both cats came for their breakfast and I fed them both. 

I am having trouble with my TV picture again. It tears on every channel. I called Cox about it and when I finally got an agent, she had a thick accent and I couldn't understand a word she said. I finally hung up. I never had this trouble when I lived in Coffeyville. Caney evidently just has a weak signal, This has happened five or six times before. They can usually just increase the signal and that takes care of it but today that didn't happen. Disgusting! I pay good money for the few channels I watch and yet I can't get decent service. I finally just turned it off. 

It finally straightened up and I was able to watch the weather..

I worked on the sermon until I felt it was all right. Then I went over to Nancy's and visited with her awhile.

I came home to print off her meds and what they were used for. She has two to refill on Monday at the Caney Drug and I will take her up to pick them up.

I stayed with her until 5:30PM and then came back home to watch the news...except football is on and I am not interested in that so I will read my book until bath time. It's 5:50PM now so I have an hour before bath time. 

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Kay said...

You are such a kind and wonderful person, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay, but I am no one special. Nancy is a dear friend.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Isn't it annoying when customer service workers on the telephone are very difficult to understand. I wish that the companies that route customer service calls to overseas offices to save company money would make sure they pay for the workers who will be dealing with other countries to receive accent reduction classes and/or language classes for whatever country they will be working with, before they start on the job. I placed an order the other day and I was really having trouble understanding the customer service representative. I hope I will receive what I was attempting to order. The next time if I have trouble understanding the representative I will hang up and keep trying until I can reach someone that speaks with a bit less of an accent. It is not the fault of the representatives, but of the companies who do not care enough to help them speak clearly enough to be understood. I feel sorry for the representatives. I know it must be extremely stressful for them to have to try so hard every day to make themselves understood.