Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday and Lunch With Nancy

I was up late this morning. I was up two hours in the night in the bathroom with stomach pain. But I feel fine this morning but a little drained. I was up at 6:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day and am having my breakfast now. Nancy wanted to have lunch at Eggbert's this morning at noon. I hope she's up to it. She has felt puny lately but a lot of that is psychological. If I had her problems I would be sick a lot of the time too. 

I have finished my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.  I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's". I don't believe we got any rain last night. I also need to check on the cats. It's later for them. It's 7:30AM now.

It's 8:25AM now And I have been watching the CBS news. We are to get rain the rest of the week. ..including tomorrow, Thursday and Friday...perhaps Saturday and Sunday too. We will have to wait and see.

I checked the plants and they appear to be plenty wet. Maybe it did rain last night.

Only Scruff came for breakfast and after she ate, I took in the cat food. 

The trash men came and dumped my trash (mostly leaves) in their  big dumpster. I put away my small dumpster.

Then I went out and raked the leaves out of the hedge in front. It looks a lot neater now! There's no wind yet this morning so everything is staying pretty neat.  That's good.

It's 10:37AM now and I have been reading and I just called Nancy to see if she was dressed and ready to go to lunch at 11:45AM this morning. She said she was dressed and ready to eat something. She appears to have nothing left to eat in the house. I will ask her if she wants to go to the market after lunch and buy some food.

More even later...

After lunch we drove and went looking around Caney. We stopped by Myrtle's Market and while I was browsing she bought me this mum plant!


No photo description available.

 It was a surprise! It's 3:00PM now and I will read awhile longer.

I did read awhile and  then worked on the puzzle too. It's 5:09PM now and I will wait to see the news next. That's anther 20 minutes I think.

I watched the CBS evening news and now it's after 6:00PM. I will read until 7:00PM  and then take my bath and read some more until 9:00PM, my bedtime.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

How special this gift is. Hope she will continue to get out of the house.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Getting out of the house more will probably help her to start feeling better. Can she have some sort of home food delivery service? It seems that her "caring" relatives purposely left her suddenly high and dry to make things more difficult for her if she wouldn't do things their way. It is just how it seems to me,kind of harsh if they didn't give her notice ahead of time that they were canceling everything. I hope she will be able to get things figured out so she can stay in her home.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Susie. We went out to eat yesterday and then for a drive around town. She thoroughly enjoyed that.

I will be taking her for her hair appointment on Thursday. I clean the apartment on Thursdays but am finished by noon and her hair appointment is at 1:00PM.

Our market does deliver groceries but I don't believe she will order them. When I go to the market, I will offer to take her. The trouble is she stays in her night clothes all day unless she has some place to go. I gave her their telephone number so she could if she decides to try it.