Friday, December 3, 2021

Friday and A Quiet Day

After this week,I could use a quiet day. I have had problems with the desktop computer all week. This morning it was frozen solid and I had to do a cold reboot. For some reason, it won't stay on the internet. It continually disconnects. Something to do with it's connection to the router. I troubleshoot it and it will connect for a short while then it disconnects again. 

The laptop doesn't have the problem so it must be the desktop computer. That's what Cox Complete Care said last week when I had them check it out. It's something about the network adapters according to troubleshooting. I just hope I can get it to hold the signal long enough for me to send the completed class newsletter to Four County Mental Health when it's finished. 

I managed to send the class newsletter to the laptop computer and I will put the newsletter together on that computer and send it to the woman at Four County Mental health for printing by attaching it to e-mail from there.

I see the desktop computer is disconnected again now. I ran troubleshooting and it still says it's the network adapter. It's connected again now but it doesn't last more then a few minutes. Now it won't stay connected at all. I will just shut it off and have Leslie come hook up the laptop to the printer. I will need to have access to the printer.

It's 6:49AM and I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and the cat situation. 

Both cats came for breakfast and I fed them.

 May be an image of tree and grass 

I have been raking leaves but the dumpster is full and I have only done 3/4 of the front yard. I still have the side yard and the back yard to do.

May be an image of tree and grass 

This is the part of the front yard yet to do. Big job!!! 

I was going to mow the rest of the front yard but I can't get the mower to start. I have never had any trouble starting it in the past. I wonder if it could be the spark plug. I don't know a thing about spark plugs so I guess I'm stuck.

It evidently wasn't the spark plug. It had just set too long.  I will continue to try.

It's 10:00AM now.

It's 11:00AM now and I finally did get the mower going and the rest of the front yard mowed. The rest will have to wait. I am exhausted though and I have a lot of leaves against the curb and when I get rested up I will take a black yard bag out there and pick those up before they blow back on the yard. I drank a bottle of water. That helped.

I got hold of Krystal and she is going to mow the rest of the yard for me. And she can do it today. I had suggested Saturday or Sunday or even Monday but she said she could even do it today. So that would even be better! I don't know what time she will come....probably sometime after 4:00PM or 4:30PM. She works at the Bartlesville post office.  But whenever will be fine.

It's 12:08PM now and I have blown what leaves I couldn't pick up across the street where they came from. My dumpster is full and there is a full bag I couldn't get into the dumpster. I am very tired and will read awhile and then fix me some lunch. I froze half of the chicken and noodles Suzanne gave me before I went to Tennessee. I will thaw those out for lunch.

That's what I had for lunch and it was good!!!


 May be an image of outdoors and brick wall  

This is my 86th  birthday gift from my daughter...she said it was me!

Steven, my landlord, texted me this morning to tell me my new carpet will be laid December 23rd. That will be fine. It will be an all day job but they will move my furniture to the family room/den and garage and put it all back where it was afterward. I will be so glad to have some new carpeting. Every time I vacuum I get a wad of dirt as large as my fist....and Suzanne had it cleaned before I moved in. The elderly lady that lived here before me was handicapped and could not clean well. 

More even later...Krystal came and mowed the leaves. She even swept the leaves at the curb into piles and I helped her pick them up and bag them. I gave her some extra money for all the work she did.  l don't know how long the leaves will stay cleaned up but I can't work that hard again. My neighbor to the south has large trees that leave leaves in my yard too but I can handle the back yard.

It is 6:00PM and soon I will take my bath and I will probably go to bed early tonight. I am very tired. It's 8:00PM now and I will just go on to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love your birthday gift

Margie's Musings said...

Actually, I do too. I do feed Ferrel cats.

DrumMajor said...

Save your back! You know that most carpet laying companies move the furniture for you, change the carpet, then put the furniture back, with those little thin clear plastic squares under the legs while the carpet finishes drying. With the current dry winter, it should fully dry in a day or two. Get some rest. I'm exhausted just reading what you've done today! Linda in Kansas