Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday and a Rest Day

It has been a busy week. I have had very little relaxation. I have had some kind of project going all week.

There is no church tomorrow due to the rise in the virus cases in Montgomery County. We are taking it one week at a time. So I will watch the church services from Toronto Canada tomorrow like I did every week after we closed the church due to the virus last year. We will take opening the church services in the building one week at a time.

I was so exhausted after all the yard work yesterday that I went to bed at 8:30PM last night and slept through the night. I was up after 5:00AM this morning too.  

It's nearly 7:00AM now and I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats and get back to this later....

I haven't seen any cats this morning. I did go to the market for three things I needed. They aren't carrying my cranberry/grape juice anymore in the small bottles. I had to buy a large bottle this time. That will work for me though. I still want to support our local market.

I see I am going to have to give up on raking until all my neighbor's trees finish dropping their leaves. This morning I had more leaves on the yard even after I worked so hard to get the yard cleaned up yesterday. It was a waste. Oh well...

I got my ceramic Christmas tree down from the kitchen cabinet this morning. I gave my usual Christmas tree away two years ago after Karan got that homeless woman into Sycamore Landing. We gathered up odds and ends of furniture for her so she would have a home again. I gave her my Christmas tree because there was no place for it in my present apartment and she could use it. 

There is only one plug in in the den and I have my computers and printer hooked into that one. I plugged the ceramic tree into a plug in behind the sofa in the living room. I probably have some more Christmas decorations in the attic but I would have to climb onto the pull down ladder in the garage to get them and I probably shouldn't do that.

I guess I will get back to my book.  

More later... 

I checked my mail and I had received the  check for the class newsletter from our class treasurer. It's for stamps and to have the newsletter printed off for the 52 classmates who are not online. Since I only go to the bank in Coffeyville on Wednesdays I was not aware that all banks are not open past noon on Saturdays anymore. So I had made an unnecessary trip to Coffeyville. I will have to cash the check next Wednesday.  

I still haven't had lunch and it's almost 3:00PM so I had better eat something besides the peanut M and Ms I ate earlier today. Those are not particularly nutritious. I have some frozen meals and I will eat one of them. 

And that's what I did. 

I have been working on the class newsletter this afternoon. It's coming together pretty slow this year...of course there are fewer of us this year. It's 4:30PM now and I guess I will go back to my latest book.  

Instead of reading my Kindle I watched my annual December movie,  "The Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott as Scrooge. I downloaded and bought it years ago and watch it every December. It gets me in the mood for Christmas.

 No photo description available. 

My granddaughter, Sara, gave me the little nutcracker for Christmas... years ago.. and my son-in-law John made me the little Santa Claus.

May be an image of christmas tree

My sister, Phyllis, made me the ceramic Christmas tree years ago when they lived in Topeka.  I use it every Christmas. I am sure I have a few more Christmas decorations in the attic. Maybe tomorrow I will get the car out of the garage and get them down. Since I am to get new carpet from my new landlord on December 23rd, I will need to get the Christmas decorations put away before that.

It's a little after  7:00PM now and I will go take my bath and read until bedtime...probably around 9:00PM-9:30PM.

 

2 comments:

Kay said...

We've had 4 cases of Omicron in Hawaii and it's not from travel so we know it's community spread. Very, very spooky.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes,it is! You and your husband and mother be very careful!!!