Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thursday and Lunch With Suzanne

I slept well last night but then I went to bed quite later. I finished my latest book first. I took my bath at 7:00PM but didn't go to bed until midnight.  But I was still up at 5:00AM. 

I also worked on the desktop computer all evening. It would not connect with the internet. I must have tried a dozen times to get it to connect. I finally was able to get it to connect just long enough to send a copy of the class newsletter to the laptop. And of course, the laptop can't print. The last update Microsoft did to it made to Windows 7 made that happen. 

I had received a couple of pieces of news from classmates and since I am trying to get it finished in December and get it printed off  at Leslie's printing office, I may have to send it attached to e-mail when it is finished to the woman that prints it for me there at Four County Mental health.

Suzanne called me last night and invited me to a birthday lunch at the Copan Truck Stop. She wants me to meet her there at 11:30AM. From there, after lunch, she will go on down to her sister's house in Bartlesville and I will go up to Independence in time for my 2:40PM appointment at the driver's license bureau.

But first, before lunch, I will clean the apartment. Right now I will finish my breakfast and begin mopping the floors. It's almost 6:00AM  At 6:30AM I will check on the cats. They didn't come last night so I don't know whether they will come this morning or not.

I transferred enough money last night to pay for my crown this month but I want to try to save $100 a month to put back in my savings and build it back up. There's only $1,000 in there now. 

I have everything clean except the dining room. I will vacuum it when the next commercial comes on.  It's almost 7:00AM now and both Scruff and Blondie came for breakfast. I fed Scruff first and then when she was gone  Blondie came. I was feeding him and Scruff came back.  I think the vacuum cleaner noise scared her off before.

I am still having trouble with the internet connection and the desktop computer. The laptop will no longer print so I mess with the desktop computer until it finally connects to the internet. That way I can send the finished newsletter to the woman at Four County Mental Health to print it off.

Keith and Leslie just contacted me by text and wished me a Happy Birthday! :) I saw Scott's greeting on my facebook page....and his ex-wife, Taresa, also sent me a greeting there.

I finished my cleaning except for dusting. I have cleaned up the vacuum sweeper too and put it away. It's only  8:15AM so I have plenty of time before time to leave for my lunch date with Suzanne. I am supposed to meet her at 11:30AM and that is three hours yet.

More later....

I went down to Bartlesville to the US Cellular store and one of the the women that works there helped me figure out how to unblock blocked numbers. Then I went up to Copan and waited for Suzanne to come to have lunch. She not only bought my lunch, and we also shared a piece of coconut cream pie and she brought me gifts. We had a nice visit. My hairdresser, Toni, also gave me a gift yesterday. Suzanne went down to Bartlesville afterward to visit her sister and I drove up to Independence to renew my driver's license.

It is 3:20PM now and I just got home from Independence where I renewed my driver's license for another 4 years. That will make me 90...if I am still around at that time.

 There's nothing on TV that I am interested in watching...even the news is depressing. Lots of violence and thousands and thousands of people that don't have sense enough to get vaccinated. This pandemic will go on for generations if they don't mandate vaccinations.

It's 6:30PM and I have had my bath and have my pjs on. I will finish this and then go read again. When I get more tired, I will go on to bed.

 

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy Birthday and many more.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you so much!!!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie! I will!

Dianne said...

Have a good birthday lunch! Happy birthday!!

Donna. W said...

Happy birthday, and may you have many more.