Saturday, May 14, 2022

Saturday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed, and got myself ready for the day. Again, I don't have a plan for today. I got so much done this week what with the laundry, apartment cleaning, trimming after Krystal mowed and trimming the hedge and weeding. I still have to finish the latest book I have been reading..

Later today I want to text the congregation that I am looking forward to seeing them at church tomorrow. Then next week I will send out letters to everyone encouraging them to stay after church next the Sunday on the 22nd for the celebration dinner we are holding for Matthew to celebrate his graduation from high school. 

On the 18th through the 20th I am looking forward to a short visit with Dean, the classmate that started the class newsletter that I send out at Christmastime each year. He has a farm over at South Coffeyville that he leases out to a farmer and his wife and he likes to check it out and make sure they don't need anything. I have met the wife at one of his visits here. She seems quite nice.

Dean started the class newsletter when he went to KU right after he graduated from Coffeyville Junior College in 1955. He wanted to keep every one of our classmates in touch after we graduated high school in 1953. He kept it for ten  or 15 years and then passed it on to a classmate in Oklahoma City who kept it going  for 10 or 15 years and then passed it on a classmate in Arkansas who did it for 10 or 15 years and she passed it on to me. I have had it for 24 years this year. I have no one to pass it on to before I am gone. We started out with 289 classmates and now we are down to 111 as of December 2021.

We used to send our news with a Christmas card and some still do that but many send it by e-mail and I just copy from that and paste it into the newsletter.

Enough of that...I will go watch "weather on the 8's" now and check out the cats. Blondie was the only one that came for supper last night. If Scruff is out there, she will be hungry.

Both cats were out there and both ate their fill before I took the food back to the garage and covered it again. I finally caught the weather forecast too.

Today is to be 88 degrees and sunny, Sunday 84 degrees and thunderstorms, Monday 80 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 82 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Wednesday 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 88 degrees and partly cloudy, And Friday 80 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week.

I caught the Saturday morning CBS news today. It's 7:55AM right now. 

Scruff came back again after Blondie left and ate some more until she was full then I took the bowl back to the garage and covered it again.

I finished the latest free book from Amazon. I will need to download another one if I want to read again.

I went out to Dollar General and bought a few things I couldn't get at our Caney Market. While I was there, Keith and Esther tried to call me several times. I couldn't hear the notifications. It just made a soft vibration whirl sound. I worked on "settings" and found an actual sound of a ring and made it ring louder. The kids have changed their schedule for their visit with me to Wednesday after next until the following Saturday. That's the 25th until the 28th. If they had left it the schedule they originally planned, it would have been over $1,000 per ticket and that's highway robbery...actually a racket.

More even later... 

I wrote letters for most of the congregation and I will send them off on the 18th. It concerns the graduation party for Matthew. I want to be sure everyone is aware of the dinner we will be having after church on the 22nd..It's a lasagna/ spaghetti and meat ball type dinner. I intend to take coleslaw to go with the main dishes and perhaps a dessert.

More later..

It is 6:20PM now and I couldn't think of a thing to eat this evening so I went out to Sonic and bought a small Reese's Blast. That isn't on my diet but I don't do it a lot so I figured "what the heck!" It was either that or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One was about as bad as the other.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and plan to read until 9:00PM when I usually go to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Cooler weather♥️

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, thank goodness!

Gary Hamilton said...

Hi Margie. My name is Gary Hamilton. I am a native of Independence, MO currently living in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I grew up attending RLDS services, vacation bible school and visits to the auditorium for christmas concerts, graduations and so on. As a child, I spent my summers at the campus pool. I also remember, I had 2 sets of aunts and uncles that were also RLDS, and we'd visit their homes often. Both of these homes had a distinct photo of Jesus, who looked clean cut, in a white shirt. As I recall, I had heard a story about how this picture was a drawing by a man who was visiting the home of a woman who lived near the campus, and that he drew this picture, channeling the vision of Jesus that the woman had. I want to say her name was Nida King? Anyhow, I am writing to ask if you might be familiar with this story, and where I might find a copy of the picture (if you are familiar with it) I'd appreciate any help you might render. Thanks! My contact info is Gary.Cindy.Hamilton@gmail.com