Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday and Dusting

I slept pretty well last night although I did get pretty warm. I must have had the air set to high. I got up earlier this morning and turned it down to 75 degrees and then was comfortable. By then it was nearly 5:00AM so I just got up.

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. It's just now 5:49AM and it's too dark out to tell if it ever rained. It was only forecast for yesterday in the morning and it only sprinkled a little. Luckily I didn't trust it to rain and went ahead and watered all the plants...front and back. I am trying to keep them alive and blooming.

Today I plan to dust everything. I got all the mopping and vacuuming done yesterday but saved the dusting until today. After vacuuming, I am always pretty tired but at least with this vacuum I can do the whole apartment in one morning. The other one couldn't handle the new carpeting. It is so thick, it shut the sweeper down and I had to let it cool overnight to finish. Stephen brought me the one I have now. It is to stay with the apartment.

More later...I will go turn on the TV for the weather forecast and then check on the cats. 

When I opened the door, Blondie was there waiting.Before I could go get the cat food he ran across the street like he saw a rabbit. By the time he got there whatever it was was gone so he sat and waited for it to come back. He is still sitting there waiting. He must have caught whatever it was because he didn't come back.

I did catch the weather though. Today is supposed to be 101 degrees and mostly sunny,  Saturday is also supposed to be 101 degrees and sunny, Sunday is forecast for 99 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is supposed to be 93 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 95 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Wednesday 92 degrees and AM thunderstorms, and Thursday is supposed to be 96 degrees and sunny. I sure hope those three days of thunderstorms will develop. Yesterday's sure didn't.

I see there is one cat out there and it may be Scruff. More later... 

No, it was Blondie. He evidently didn't catch whatever he went after. He ate cat food instead. Scruff is out there now and she is eating. Blondie moved away from the cat food and left her to it. 

I see the garage door opener light is out. I still have the ceiling light so no big deal. 

More later... It's only 76 degrees out there this morning. Pretty nice....Both cats are eating now. They share pretty well. Scruff always tries to move Blondie away from that side of the bowl. But he resists her effort. It's fun watching them. As long as he doesn't attack her, I leave them to work it out themselves. If he gets rough with her, I scold him and make him stop. He seldom tries that anymore.  

More later... 

I have a doctor's appointment next week  with Dr. Christensen in Coffeyville.  I checked into my supplement, Lumico, since I had to pay $122.00 for my doctor's bill six months ago. I learned there is a $233 annual deductible on my supplement policy. But the good news is when I pay that deductible each year, all additional costs are covered even if I have to go into the hospital for an illness of any kind. I talked to an independent broker who handles all sorts of insurance supplements about it and he told me it was an excellent plan and to be sure to keep it. The monthly premium is $140.25. Blue Cross/Blue Shield was $330.21 per month. Every agent I talked to told me that was outrageous. I had had it ever since I turned 62 and every couple of years the premium would go up.

I read this afternoon until 1:30PM when I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.I was out of frozen meals and won't go to the market until Wednesday. Peanut butter has lots of protein. Jelly has lots of sugar. :)

I went through my mail..such as it was. A renewal for my Consumer Reports magazine. And a catalog for clothing. All I have ever bought from them is pajamas.

I finished my book and downloaded three more to read. But it's 3:40 now and I need to do something else for a change.  And besides, the Kindle is back on the charger again.

More Later..

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you have good insurance. We need it as we don’t know when something will happen. We could have a health emergency at any time. I try to have healthy habits but things still occur.