Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and was up at 5:30AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. As usual, I am having my breakfast here in the den. It's 6:30AM now...a little later than usual. I haven't checked the weather outside yet but the sidewalk is dry so I am assuming it didn't rain at all last night. I did get up in the night once and took my meds and then went right back to sleep without a problem.

Scruff came last evening for supper but I never did see Blondie. I haven't been in the living room yet to turn on the TV for the weather or check on the cats.

I will do that now and get back to this afterward. 

Both cats were out there for their breakfast this morning. First it was just  Scruff but by the time I got the cat food ready and out there, Blondie came over too. They appear to be finished now. Blondie is still laying on the doormat out there but Scruff has gone to her usual resting place under the hedge.

I am hoping they will run the weather forecast now that it's 6:48AM. 

Sure enough.they did.

Today's forecast is 91 degrees with clouds in the AM but I see no rain in the forecast now. Monday is to be 97 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 101 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 102 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday 96 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Friday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny and Saturday 97 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like they took most of the rain out of the forecast this week. 

The cats are gone now, They came back to the bowl before they finished, ate some more and then left.

More later... I want to get that cat food back in the garage and cover it before the ants find it.

I have been watching the Good Morning America this morning. Another police death of a black woman. They arrested her and she insisted she had had nothing to drink. But they handcuffed her and put her in the back seat of the police car. They forgot to close the back seat passenger side door. When they pulled away from the curb, she fell out of the patrol car and had a serious head injury. She died at the hospital. The police said she jumped out of the vehicle but they later learned that was just a lie to try to cover up their neglect. What a mess! Always something.... and it's always a black person.

More later....

It's 10:00AM now and I am leaving for church.I want to get there early enough to do  a little  cleaning. 

Be back after lunch after church....

Rick and Carmen were at church today and we had a pretty good sized congregation for us.The only ones that were not there were Billie Jo,  Gene, and Karan. Karan was having her entire family this week because her 80th birthday was Wednesday. They were all celebrating it.They were going to leave today but she didn't know what time and she didn't want to rush them off. I will write all three and send them a letter and a bulletin.

Melissa had a very good sermon.

Phyllis and Carmen and Rick and I went to "Just Us" for lunch after church. We had a good visit. Afterward I took Phyllis back to church to get her car and then came on back home myself.

It's 2:18PM now. I will get those letters out.

I got the letters out on the mailbox and I put copies of the bulletin in them.

Then I went out and watered the flower beds and even picked up the leaves in my back yard from the tree in the back yard next door to the south. It's really too hot to do that.. as I found out when I came back in. I opened a bottle of water and drank from it..But I need to drink some more. I don't know what the temperature is out there but it is too hot to be out there for any time at all. According to my phone it is 89 degrees out there.

I guess I will go read and cool down. 

More later..

I got busy reading my latest book and lost track of the time. I missed most of the Mission Center worship service. It was over half finished before I joined the group. It's 6:39PM now. It looked like a very good service no more then I saw.

I put the book away and came in and logged on to Zoom  but I was way too late.

In a little bit I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and get back to it. I started to take my bath and realized the air conditioner was not working. I looked at the temperature and it is 81 degrees in here. I turned the air down even lower and nothing happened. I went out side to check it and it was not running. I came back in and turned it off and then switched it back on and eventually it came on. I don't know if it is blowing cool air though.  I climbed up on the bed and put my hand over the cooling vent in the ceiling. It appears to be blowing cool air now but it doesn't feel like cold air yet.

No, it just went off again.I don't know whether it's the thermostat or the air conditioner itself.

I turned off again and then on again at the thermostat and it's working again..I don't know how long it will work though before it goes off again.

I had planned to go to bed at 9:00PM or so but I will give it some time and see if it continues to work.

It went off again and I turned the thermostat off and on again and it started again. It's down to 79 degrees in here now.

The air conditioner has stopped working several times and I turn the thermostat off and on and it begins to work again. That has happened at least three times. It's still working now but I have no idea how long it will work. I guess I will play it by ear. I have texted Stephen about it but haven't heard back from him yet. They may be out for the evening.

So far..so good, It's still working. I guess I will go take my bath now. It is 8:33PM.

Stephen called me and asked me about the air conditioning. I told him I thought he was out for the night with his wife. He had been mowing the yard and didn't see my texts. So far the air is still working. It finally went off to 75 degrees. I hope it will continue to run if gets hot again.

I went in the living room and read until 10:45PM and then I was ready to go to bed .

 

1 comment:

Suemn said...

We sure need our air conditioners with all this hot humid weather. I hope your A/C continues to work for you. Hard to believe that we used to live without them:)