Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night. I was up after 5:00AM and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I haven't made my breakfast yet but that's next on the schedule. It's 6:02 now and I haven't even turned on the TV for the weather yet. And I haven't checked on the cats either. I think I will make my breakfast first though. I never did eat anything last evening. I had enough snack foods after Bunco to make up plenty of calories.

More in a little while. I need to get some breakfast.

I have my breakfast now and will eat it before checking on the weather and the cats. 

I have finished my breakfast and will go check out the weather now. It's 6:21AM.

I missed the weather if it even ran at 6:27AM. I did find both cats waiting for their food. I took it out and both cats ate their fill and left, I put the cat food back in the garage and covered it. Now I am waiting for the 6:38AM weather. 

I see Stephen stayed the night last night. It was probably too late to try to drive home to Owasso last night. 

They still haven't run the "weather on the 8's" yet. And it's 6:40AM now.

The weather finally ran at 6:48AM.

We have a 50% chance of rain today and it will be 97 degrees, Tomorrow  is forecast for 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 100 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 99 degrees and cloudy, Monday 95 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy. and Wednesday 94 degrees and sunny. Another hot week.coming. So far we haven't had the AM thunderstorms that are forecast for this morning. I hope we get it. It may cool it down to 97 degrees...if you can call 97 degrees cooler.

I guess I had better start my mopping if I am going to get my housework done this morning.

I got the mopping done and even vacuumed the bedroom, hall, and den. All I have left now is the living room and dining room. But I need to rest for awhile before I continue.

I went outside to water the back flowerbed and hanging plant and it is sprinkling. I will wait to water to see if the rain starts. In the meantime, I will rest and perhaps watch the CBS news. I am recording it so I can watch what I missed (and edit out the commercials) later. 

I went out again to water the backyard flowerbed and hanging pot and it was still just barely sprinkling. So I watered them anyhow. It may not rain. It has been sprinkling for an hour...so light you can barely feel it.   

Now I am going to vacuum the living room and dining room.

I got the vacuuming finished and will read now. I am very tired. It never used to take so much out of me to simply clean a 5 room apartment...but of course, I've never been 86 years old before either...almost 87...The years tell.

So, more even later...

I was going to read, but once again the Kindle needs to be charged. So I put it on the charger. It will take some time to charge it. In the meantime, I have nothing new to read. I guess I can work on my sermon for the 21st.

I got that worked out.

It never did rain...just sprinkled a little. Now the sun is shining brightly and it's 80 degrees and getting warmer. I'll bet we won't get rain after all. We had a 50% chance of rain this morning but it doesn't look like it will develop. And it's 10:27AM already. It's a good thing I watered the flowerbeds and hanging plants earlier.

I went out and cleaned up my back yard again. I put the leaves in a plastic grocery sack and will put that in the trash barrel. It will have to be done several times before the leaves stop falling but it's good bending exercise for me. I know I need some exercise.

Leslie called me earlier and gave me some news about John and her.

I just had a text from Stephen, my landlord,  he said he really enjoyed the coffeecake I made for him last evening. He had two pieces last night. I wanted to do something for him. He has done so much for me. He mowed the shaggy part of my yard last evening...after he had mowed all of his own. I had intended to wait until later in the evening and mow it myself. He didn't think I ought to do that and volunteered to do it for me. Krystal, my usual mower, couldn't do it last night. Her girls had softball practice and she needed to be there and we were expecting rain today. Then he cleaned out the guttering of both apartments. And he cleaned up the mess.

He had a big evening after working all day too.

 So more later.....I am going to check on the Kindle on the charger. 

The Kindle was fully charged so I opened it and downloaded another book. I read all afternoon and finished that book. It is 4:33PM now and I may go buy a small flurry for my supper.I had a frozen Mexican meal for my lunch.

I did go get a small flurry and it was very good. A small flurry is only $3.29 and you can hardly beat that price and it's filling.

More even later.... 

It's 6:20PM now and I will get ready to take my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas on and download another free book from Amazon and read some more until bedtime at 9:00PM.

Tomorrow is Friday and I will dust the apartment. That all the housework I need to do. I have everything else done today. The garage is even clean.

 

 

2 comments:

Debbie V. said...

Mornings are my favorite time of day. When I was working I set my alarm for 5 am and was perfectly happy to get up and have 3 hours before I had to start work. I retired in July 2021 - last year. I had been working from home since March 2020 and it was rough. Now that I don't have to be anywhere in the morning, I've been known to get up anywhere from 5 am to 7:30. My husband goes to bed anywhere from 2-4am. He sleeps a lot during the day to make up for it.
I digress :)
I used to love getting the weather on the eights - but I don't see it here where we live in southern Indiana. I'm not sure if I am not watching the right weather channel or what. Maybe I need to look again. The best part about the weather channel used to be the music and the weathermen and women. But it's not the same now.
I appreciate you sharing your daily life in your blog. It's encouraging. This past year being retired has been a struggle. I turned 71 - so not as old as you - but often feel discouraged.

Kay said...

I should do some cleaning at our house too. Sigh...