Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well again last night and finally, after hours, the temperature finally got down to 75 degrees in here. I also had the new ceiling fan on and that helps too. 

Suzanne had told me to open the den door and the air would circulate better. I tried that and she was right, It did. 

I got up shortly before 5:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast here in the den this morning as usual. It's only 5:32AM and I doubt the cats would be out there this early. I will check at 5:45AM when I turn on the TV for the weather.

And this morning, my hair appointment is at 9:00AM.

So More Later.... 

I turned on the TV and "the weather on the 8's" came on almost immediately. I grabbed my phone and took photos of it.

Today will be 102 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday will be 98 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Friday is forecast to be 101 degrees and sunny, Saturday's forecast is for 100 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 94 degrees and isolated thunderstorms and Tuesday's forecast  94 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week. At least there is some rain in the forecast this next week....this Thursday and next Monday. Otherwise, it will be very hot!

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfast and I took it out to them. I think they are finished now. I will check. I want to get their food in before the ants find it. 

They were both gone. Scruff wasn't even under the hedge as she usually is. Quite a bit of the food was gone too.  So they must have had their fill.

It's only 6:41AM and I won't leave until 8:30AM or so. No sense getting over there too soon. It would be just that much longer to sit at the library and read until 1:00PM. I won't have lunch. There will be lots of treats at Bunco at the senior center.

I won't be able to have Krystal mow this week. I have just enough cash to pay for my hairdo today. ...$12.00. That raise in my car insurance really took a toll on my budget this month. I won't get my social security until next Wednesday. I will need to be careful. I bought groceries and gas this week so I should be fine.

I will need to water the plants again today... morning and evening. The rain is not forecast until tomorrow. 

I watered the flowerbed in the back and the hanging flowerpot too. Then I picked up several hundred leaves from my back yard  and tossed them over the south fence into the yard where the tree is located. It won't do any good because the leaves are still falling but it is good bending exercise. Lord only knows I need all the exercise I can get after sitting day after day reading  for the past two years. Now I need to go water the flowerbed at the mailbox and the hanging plant at the front door.

I got that done and everything has been watered until evening.  

 So more even later...

I got my hair done about 9:15AM and then went to the library to read. I read until time to go to the senior center to play Bunco.

We played Bunco until 3:00PM and I won with the most Buncos. David gave me $10.00 for that. I only had four dollars so that gave me some more money until next Wednesday when I get my social security. That raise in my car insurance really hurt my July budget. I had a good time and enjoyed the fellowship too.

It's 3:43PM now and I have been reading and it is 5:02 PM now. I haven't eaten anything for lunch or dinner yet. I just had the treats that were brought for the Bunco game. I may go buy a kid's Wacky Pack for $2.18 out at Sonic. That would give me something for supper. 

I contacted Krystal to see if she could mow for me this evening since we are forecast for rain tomorrow. She is at softball practice for her girls and can't do it. I think I will wait until later this evening and try to do it myself. I can wait until almost dark to do it. I will start with the back. It's the smallest...and see how it goes.  It needs to be done. It's been over a week.

More later....

I went out front to water the flowers and Stephen was out there cleaning out the guttering. He had been mowing and was soaked with sweat. He said he always does that. I told him when it got cooler this evening I was going to mow my yard starting with the back yard. And I was going to wait until it cooled down quite a bit before I did it. He volunteered to do what little I had...mostly around the edges where it has grown. He said not to try to mow it myself. Most of it has not even grown because of the heat but it was mostly just shaggy around the edges. He insisted on doing it himself. I am going to bake him some Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake to take home and share with Dee Anna and eat with their coffee.

He is also  going to clean out our guttering too and try to put the type on our guttering that lets the water drain and the leaves just wash off. I forget what it's called. We had it on our guttering over on Catalina in Coffeyville. It may have been called weather tech. I just don't recall.I see commercials about it from time to time.I will write it down next time I see the commercial.

More later...

About another ten minutes and that coffee cake will be done.I imagine Stephen wants to get home so just as soon as it is, I will take it over to him.

Then I will take my bath, put my pajamas on and read some more.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual..unless I get into this book and can't put it down.  

Perhaps more later... 

I got the coffeecake out of the oven and took it over to Stephen. 

Now I am going to trim on my hedge before I take my bath. 

I got the hedge trimmed a little and now I'm going to take my bath.

I took my bath and put my pajamas on and now I will read for awhile before I go to bed.

My granddaughter, Christina, texted me this evening with her new telephone number. I entered it  into my phone. We texted back and forth for awhile.


No comments: