Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Tuesday and Air Conditioning Problems

I slept well again last night and was only up once in the night and got right back to sleep until 5:00AM or so.

I managed to keep the air conditioning going as much as I needed it throughout the night. It was 79 degrees in the apartment when I got back from Bartlesville. Just like the day before when it was 80 degrees. I put the thermostat on "on" to get it going and then after awhile I put it back on "auto" and it stayed going the rest of the night just fine. I could hear it well from the den so I kept track of it by staying in the den all evening..

My Kindle was charging so I couldn't read my book. When I got up that one time in the night it was fully charged so I took it off the charger. I can read today. And since it didn't rain I will water the plants again morning and afternoon

I will go vote first thing this morning and then stay home here the rest of the day. I don't want to miss the air conditioner guy.

Now I will go watch for the weather report and check to see if the cats are out there this morning for their breakfast. 

Both cats were out there for breakfast. I fed them and the are finished and I need to get the cat food in the garage.

It took a couple of 8's before I was able to get the weather forecast. Today is to be 102 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday will also be 102 degrees and partly cloudy,  Thursday will be 98 degrees partly cloudy, Friday is to be 98 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday will be 100 and mostly sunny, Sunday will be 99 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday will be 100 degrees and partly cloudy. Another terribly hot week with no rain. That's August for us.

I went as soon as the polls opened and voted. I wanted to be home when the air conditioning man came.

The air conditioning man got here about 11:15AM and worked on checking out the thermostat and sure enough, that's what it was. He put a new thermostat in and turned it on and that was the problem. He thought it might just be the batteries but he put new batteries in it first and it still didn't work so he brought in  new thermostat and that worked. It was 79 degrees in here and it will take about 30 minutes to get it down to 77 for  daytime. I keep it a little cooler at night...down to 75 and I use the new ceiling fan then too. But I am so glad he got here before it really gets hot this afternoon.

I texted with Joanne Stoner this afternoon and she is in the process of moving to Independence, Kansas, to be near her son and daughter-in-law. She will live in the Booth residences at 201 West Main, Apt.2 B. The Stoner kids ( her son and daughter-in-law and grand kids ) will be moving nearby her in the house they have redone in Independence. I imagine she will go to church with them at the Methodist Church since she doesn't drive much anymore. I imagine she could drive in Independence, Kansas, since it's just a small community unlike Independence, Missouri. But she may not. She's my age but a lot of folks my age no longer drive.

I have been reading this afternoon and finished my latest book.

Then I went to the market and bought some cupcakes for Bunco tomorrow afternoon at the senior center. It's 6:13PM now and I will plan to go to take my bath at 7:00PM. and put on my pajamas and robe. I may start another book after that. I intend to go to bed around 9:00PM again this evening.




 

No comments: