Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy

I slept pretty well last night but was up before 5:00AM. But I am rested so I must have got enough sleep. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will go down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy after my laundry is dry, folded and put away.

I stripped my bed this morning and am washing the sheets, towels and my pajamas and underwear. I put clean sheets on it and then I nudged on the mattress and box springs to get it back further back on the frame toward the headboard. I managed to get that about where it belongs but the bed skirt is lopsided and I can't do anything about that. The guys that put down the new carpet just stuck it on any which way and I can't do anything about it. It would take two people to get it right.  If that's the biggest problem I have to deal with, it's no big deal.

I have fixed my breakfast and am here in the den eating it...as usual. It's 5:35AM now.

In about 15 minutes I will go turn on the TV and try to get "the weather on the 8's". Then about 6:30AM, I will check to see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. At 7:00AM, I plan to take my walk.I may extend it to 4th street this morning. That would give me ten blocks if I walk up Spring and over to State street and down State to 8th. I will do that for a couple of weeks before adding a couple of more blocks.

I noticed yesterday they had taken down the "crime scene" yellow tape on the 403 State Street house.

More Later... 

I got the laundry folded and put away and then turned on the TV to catch the weather forecast for this week.

Today is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 87 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 82 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 80 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 84 degrees and sunny and Sunday is to be 85 degrees and sunny. No rain again...but at least the temperatures are to be cooler...at least in the 80's.

It's 6:42 AM and so far...no cats. They are usually here by 6:30AM.

More later ...

The cats finally came to eat and I fed them and put away the cat food when they finished. Now I am going to take my walk. 

More even later... 

I walked from my apartment on the corner of 8th and State to the corner of 8th and Spring (one block) then up four blocks to 4th downtown ( that would be 4 blocks plus that first one..or 5 altogether), then from Spring over to State (one more block or a total of  6 so far) then from 4th back to 8th..another 4 blocks or a total of 10). The next change will be two more blocks or down to 3rd and then over to State in a couple of weeks. That would be a total of 12 blocks or a mile. So far so good. It gets easier every day.

It's 8:04AM now.

It's 9:30AM now and I am leaving to go see Nancy in Bartlesville. 

We ate lunch at the Painted Horse in downtown Bartlesville and had a nice visit and a long ride. It was a beautiful day and she was delighted to get out of the assisted living facility for awhile.

I got back home at 3:00PM and balanced my checkbook first thing.

More later... I will go check my mail now! It is 3:06PM

I didn't get any mail..

I read my Reader's Digest  book and finished all the stories in it. It's 6:21PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas on and my duster and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. I will read a book from my Kindle until then.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So proud you are walking. You will be stronger.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I realize that. I am doing so much better now that I am walking! Thanks for your encouragement!!!.