Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have made my bed and made myself ready for the day. We have our annual business meeting this morning at 10:30AM. Since I am secretary, I will be taking notes and doing the minutes for the business meeting. I imagine it will be pretty much what it has been in the past. Vivian Davidson will be conducting the meeting. Her health is poor so she is no longer a member of the Mission Center presidency. She will also bring the message at the 11:00 hour. Then the congregation will take her out for lunch afterward.

In a little while I will fix my breakfast and, as usual, eat it here in the den. Then a little later, I will check the weather report and also the cat's breakfast.

Pretty much the same routine every morning.

It's 5:56AM now and I have finished my breakfast and will go turn on the TV and watch for the weather report.

I caught the weather right away. Today is to be 85 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 86 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 81 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 83 degrees and sunny...pretty boring week...no rain but a little cooler weather.

Now I'll check on the cats...

Both cats were there waiting for me to feed them...and I did! 

Blondie finished first and left but Scruff stayed and ate awhile longer. Finally she finished too so I will go get the food and put it away.

More even later....

I put away the food. It is getting light out now. If I am going to do my walk, I had better do it now.  It's 6:58 now.

I visited with Debbie again on my walk and met her husband too. They seem like nice people. I finished my walk and then went on to the Church.

There was a note on the church door explaining that they had changed out our gas meter. Luckily we didn't need gas this morning but someone is going to have to light the pilot light before we do. I imagine Leslie or John will see to that or the gas company. They will have to check out the new meter anyhow.

Leslie had a call at 8:00AM this morning from Vivian who was sick and couldn't come to conduct our business meeting or even to preach. So Leslie put together a nice service complete with music herself. We had a very small congregation...not even enough for a quorum. But we went ahead and took care of our business meeting anyhow at 10:30AM. Seven people were gone this morning.

After the service, Phyllis and I went over to Cherryvale to eat at "Just Us". Kay saved us a table for two. The others went somewhere else to eat. They don't care for "Just Us".

Then I came on back home after I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car.

I spent the afternoon typing up the minutes and sending out half a dozen letters and bulletins to those who weren't there this morning.

It's 4:49PM now. I turned the refrigerator coldness to a slightly warmer setting. It seems to run most of the time.

Soon I will go watch the evening CBS news.

More even later....

I tried to watch the Mission Center Zoom worship program but I lost contact with it and it froze up and no matter what I did, I could not get it back. It kept telling me my microphone was not working and then I lost the video. 

It's 6:47PM now and I will go take my bath and put my pajamas and duster on and go back to my book until time to go to bed at 9:00PM.





No comments: