Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tuesday and Cookies

I slept pretty well last night but then I took two Melatonin tablets at bedtime.That may help explain it.

I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. I am out of breakfast bars so it's just juice, oatmeal and coffee and Chai. I will get some more breakfast bars sometime today.

It's 5:44AM now. I will go turn on the TV and wait for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. 

I will go over to church today to pick up Phyllis's cookies and get mine at that market in Independence that gives a discount to seniors on Tuesdays.It's right across the street from the First Christian church there. I imagine Phyllis' cookies will be the only ones there at the church. Karan is in Colorado with her whole family for a wedding there. Billie Jo didn't leave any in the refrigerator at church unless she did it after church sometime after we left Sunday. Mike is in Burlington working until after the first of the year.

More later....

I caught the weather fairly quickly.Today is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 80 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Saturday should be 83 degrees and sunny, Sunday will be 84 degrees and sunny and Monday should be 83 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week...cooler weather but no rain...again.

I took my walk a little after 7:00AM and walked the 12 blocks again. It's 7:37AM now and I will start for the church to pick up the cookies at 8:15AM or so.

More later... 

I got the cookies delivered and came back home. Sure enough, Phyllis was the only one who had cookies out at church. I bought mine in Independence. I used that market across the street from the church on the west. It gives a 5% discount if you make your purchases on Tuesdays.  We had six packages between the two of us. I bought a cherry limeade slush at their Sonic and drank it on the way home.

I noticed Stephen had mowed his yard and so after I got back from Independence, I mowed my front yard. It was thick with leaves from the neighbor to the north's tree.I got most of them mowed up in the bag on the mower. It looks much better now but I know before fall is over I will  have to rake up the leaves and bag them like I have done ever since moving here. The back yard looks fine and the west side is acceptable. The front was a mess though.

For dinner I heated up the half of my hamburger and french fries  I brought home from my lunch with Nancy yesterday in Bartlesville.

More later... 

I read all afternoon on my latest book and finished it and took my bath after that and put my pajamas on and my duster. It's 7:57PM now and I will start another book and stay up until about 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed. I think I will take two Melatonin tablets again tonight. That worked pretty well last night.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I used to take melatonin every night because my old doctor said that was OK. My new doctor is telling me that because melatonin is made naturally by your body, if I keep taking it, it will make less. Darn! So like you, I'm now just taking it when I think I really need it.