Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I was up at my usual 5:00AM this morning, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. Soon I will fix my oatmeal, coffee and breakfast bar for breakfast.

I spent all last evening searching everywhere for those pictures Carol Goodbar Brooks had sent me so I could take photos of them for Keith....but I could not find them. I don't know what I must had done with them. I looked everywhere that was logical and some places where it was not logical. But I did not find them. It's just a mystery. The logical places would be either with my photo albums or in the file cabinet. They were in neither place. When I put anything in the file cabinet, I label the folder I put them in. I looked in every folder but could not find those photos. They will turn up but I may be gone when they do.

I will get my breakfast made now.

O.K. I have my breakfast ready here now and am eating my breakfast here in the den..as usual.

I just had an e-mail from Keith. He has purchased airline tickets for November 21st through 25th for Thanksgiving. He and Esther will be coming here. I don't think Scott and Ginger are planning on it though. Ginger will be still wearing a cast or some kind of boot until December 7th plus she has such a wild schedule I don't know how she would work it in. I am still hoping though.

More later... 

I am waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. And I finally went out and finally checked my mailbox and found one advertisement.  It's for online access to Consumer Reports. I don't believe I will take it. If I am going to continue to take that magazine, I would take the hard copy. 

I checked my bank account this morning and it balanced.

I found the "weather on the 8's" pretty quickly. Today is supposed to be 82 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 84 degrees 84 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 85 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is o be 86 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy. No rain again...and cooler weather  in the 80's.

More even later... it's 6:31AM now.

Both cats came for breakfast. I fed them, they ate their fill and left and I took the cat food in the garage and covered it.

And again...more later..

I left for my walk at 7:04AM and got my 12 blocks done at 7:35AM.I walked from my apartment on 8th street and State over to the 8th and Spring Street and up to fourth street on Spring and then over one block to State Street and then down to 8th again.

I have been watching the news about the Florida hurricane. What a terrible disaster! I'll bet the kids are glad they sold their Florida house and moved to Tennessee!

I got my mopping finished and now I will rest awhile before I start vacuuming.

 So more even later...

It's 10:53AM now and I have vacuumed the bedroom, hall and den and will now rest a bit again before getting the living room and dining room.  Then I will have the dusting to do. I may do that while I am resting.

I got the living room vacuumed and  only have the dining room yet to do.I will rest awhile before I get to that. I also dusted so I will be almost done when I get the dining room vacuumed.

I got an e-mail from Keith today saying he had bought airline tickets them to come for Thanksgiving. Ginger is trying to find someone to work for her so they can come too. That would be wonderful!

I finished my cleaning and put away the vacuum sweeper. I think I will sit on the floor and check the photo albums again for those photos Carol sent me. I can't believe I can't find them.

More later...I will warm up my Wacky Pack meal first and eat it for my lunch.

Well that didn't warm up well. I warmed up the chicken and it was tough warmed up and the french fries in the skillet weren't much better. I ended up throwing it all away.

I am going to go look through those photo albums again...

I went through all those albums but didn't find the photos Carol sent to me. How aggravating! They must be in the file cabinet somewhere.

I have been reading a book Karan loaned me yesterday called "I Called Him Uncle Will" by Will Roger's niece Doris (Coke) Lane Meyer. I finished it. It was very interesting. It is 6:53PM now and I will take my bath soon and get my pajamas on and my duster and read from my Kindle until bedtime at 9:00PM. 


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope your thanksgiving wishes come true and all your children are with you.

Margie's Musings said...

So do I. I know Keith and Esther will be her. And Leslie and John live nearby. But I don't know about Scott and Ginger yet.