Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Tuesday and a Trip to Independence Kansas

I slept fairly well last night although I was up earlier then I wanted. It's 5:02AM now and I am eating my breakfast here while I blog. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Today I will take the cookies we are donating up to the First Christian Church in Independence for their supper at the church tonight. Since the pandemic, their crowd has shrunk and instead of feeding 250 folks, they are feeding more like 80. So they are just wanting store bought cookies instead of cakes for their light dessert. Our people will buy three packages apiece of store bought cookies for that Tuesday meal. I have several sacks of cookies to give them today and then after that I will go by Walgreens and pick up my prescription there before I come back home. 

I may call Joanne Stoner and see if she wants to visit and perhaps even have lunch with me. It won't hurt to ask. I stayed with Reg and her when I used to go to John Whitmer Historical Association in Independence, Missouri. She lost Reg last February so she sold her house there and moved to Independence, Kansas, to be near her son, Paul, and his wife and the two grandchildren. I imagine the girl has graduated from college and her brother may still be in college. They grow up so fast.

It's 5:25AM now and I will go check on "the weather on the 8's" and eventually, the cats. It's a little early for them now.

If the weather stays mild, I may mow the west side of my yard this evening. That's all I have left to do except for the trimming.

I finally found the "weather on the 8's". Today is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 97 degrees and sunny and Monday is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny. No rain in next week's forecast either...and more very hot weather.

Now I will check again on the cats.

The cats finally came and I fed them and when they were finished, I put the cat food back in the garage and covered it. 

So more later...

About 8:45AM, I left for Independence. I first took the cookies to the First Christian Church and after I got them there and unloaded to their kitchen, I went to Walgreens and picked up my prescription.

After I left there, I tried to call Joanne Stoner but she didn't pick up so I left her a message.I wanted to find out if she had moved to the Booth into that apartment she had leased. She called me back when I was close to Leslie and John's so I pulled into their drive and answered her call. I didn't want to do that while I was driving. She had learned the Booth building had sold and they gave her back her deposit and first month's rent. 

That left her without a place to move into in Independence. Luckily Paul, her son, was still working on redoing a house for his family and had been working on it for several years and since it was basically finished, she moved in there. That's temporary, of course. There are some fairly new apartments out by the country club there and she is hoping to find one of those. There's not too much available in Independence to rent...at least nothing nice except those. We chatted awhile and then she had to go to meet her daughter-in-law for lunch.

When I got back home and after resting awhile, I took my eight block walk. It was warmer then usual and I got back home more tired.  I usually take my walk about 7:00AM instead of 10:30AM.

Speaking of lunch, I still have half of my brisket sandwich I had left from Dink's yesterday in Bartlesville. I will warm that up for my lunch.

So,more later...

Jess,Nancy's old friend, came to check on me and ask about Nancy. He has been having some heart problems and he's just 81.

When I see her next Monday, I will tell her about it.

I had that half brisket sandwich from Dink's for my lunch. It was still very good!

I read all afternoon. Then I went up to the Mr. G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry to supplement my small dinner.Those are so good. They are only $3.65 too.

It's 6:02PM now and I will watch the news and then take my bath and put my pajamas on and my duster.

At 9:00PM, I will go to bed.


 

No comments: