Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday and Church

I was up early again this morning. I woke up before 5:00AM and tried to relax and get back to sleep but I had had my sleep out. I went to bed at 9:00PM. I was very tired although I hadn't done much of anything yesterday except go out to the  kid's and visit and go get those blizzards. And read, as usual.

I thought about mowing because I thought it might rain this morning but I talked myself out of it. I saw one man mowing his and that almost convinced me. It was last Monday when I mowed the front yard. Then on Tuesday I mowed the back and Wednesday I mowed the west side. If it doesn't rain I will mow the front tomorrow evening. I always wait until 7:00PM or so after it cools down.

The problem with my front yard is that at this time of year the tree in the south side of the yard of my neighbor to the north sheds it's leaves and they fall into my front yard making a terrible mess. I usually end up eventually raking them and putting them in my yard bag and in the trash.

I will go out to church about 10:00AM this morning so I can sweep out any bugs that might have crawled under the front door. And I sweep off the walks too.

I will fix my breakfast now and my cappuccino and later my Chai Latte.

I have had my breakfast now and it's nearly 6:00AM so I will go turn on the weather and see what today's forecast is.  

I caught the weather forecast and this is what to expect. Today will be 81 degrees and sunny, Monday will be 88 degrees and sunny, Tuesday will be 92 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 91 degrees partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 93 degrees and partly cloudy.

It's 6:20AM now and I will go check if the cats are out there.

Both cats were there when I opened the door at 6:50AM so I took their food out to them. They seem to be getting along this morning without quarreling. Scruff keeps trying to move Blondie out of her way. She thinks his food is better then her own. So far, he is being patient with her. In fact, he has gone now and she seems to be leaving too. I will leave the food out there for a little while in case she didn't get enough to eat. Blondie probably ate at home earlier but I don't think anyone else feeds Scruff.

This is the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. Bob was called up for the Red Cross as a chaplain and sent there as soon as planes could fly again. They stayed for four weeks.The Campbells from Independence, Kansas, were sent too. In February they sent Bob back for another three weeks. 

More even later...It's 7:27AM now. 

I read until 9:30AM and then went on to the church and swept up what bugs were in the foyer and swept off the sidewalks.

Karan had a fine service. First Leslie played the interview they did with Bob and the Campbells when they returned from the 9:11 disaster. The Red Cross had sent them there after the planes began to fly again. They stayed four weeks and then they sent Bob again the following February for another three weeks. He was a chaplain.  When he got back home they had a press conference and an interview with the TV stations in our area. Scott managed to get KOTV to send both of us that interview on a thumb drive. Scott sent a copy of it to Keith and I gave Leslie a copy of mine.

After church, Phyllis and I went to"Just Us" for lunch. They had my rhubarb pie for dessert and I put ice cream on it and ate it that way. The others went to El Pueblo for lunch. I just wasn't in the mood for Mexican food and Phyllis always likes to go to "Just Us" too. So I called Kay and she reserved us a table. Every place in the parking lot was full except one and I took it. We had a very good meal and dessert for $13.00.

Then I came back home. I got back home at 2:20 after taking Phyllis back to the church's parking lot to pick up her car.

More later...After awhile,after it cools down a bit, I may mow the front yard.

I read again this afternoon and then I noticed the next thing on was football (the Chiefs vs Arizona) so I decided while it was fairly nice, I would mow that front yard. It took me about 30 minutes but I got it done. I got a ton of leaves too from that neighbor's tree across the street.

If it's this nice tomorrow, I will mow the back yard.  

More even later....

I watched 60 Minutes instead of the Mission Center worship service this evening..It was about the 343 firefighters who died in the 9/11 catastrophe. Scott Pellie interviewed those that survived. Some died in the collapse of the buildings. Scott asked one of those in charge how many firefighters chose not to go in those buildings. He said no one refused to go. They all went.

It was one of their best shows. I recorded it and will keep it for awhile. It was very touching. He also interviewed the children of those who died there who were now grown men...many of them now firefighters.

It's 7:43PM now and I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas and duster on and read some more until bedtime.

 

3 comments:

Kay said...

Have a wonderful week, Margie!

Galla Creek said...

I think it’s going to be cool and nice tomorrow

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Gals! You have nice week too!