Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday and My Hairdo

I slept fairly well but was up shortly before 5:00AM anyhow. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I checked my bank account and my social security had come in. Thank goodness.

I will make my breakfast now. So more later.. 

When it gets light...about 7:00AM, I will take my walk. But first, I will check "the weather on the 8's" and see about the cats. It's early now but I will check them out about 6:30AM.

The weather finally came on. Today is forecast to be 92 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 90 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday 98 degrees and sunny, Monday is forecast to be 100 degrees and sunny and Tuesday is to be 100 degrees too and sunny. Lots of hot weather and no rain.

Leslie and I will be leaving tomorrow at 10:00AM and gone tomorrow, Friday and Saturday and will be coming back home on Sunday. I don't know what the weather will be like in Independence, Missouri, but surely it won't be that hot that far north. We will see. One thing is for sure, it will be very hot here and undoubtedly my flowers will not make it without me being here to water them morning and evening. 

I took a look at the west yard yesterday and decided it did not need to be  mowed. So I  will mow it when we get back from our trip. It should need it by then.

Both cats are out there eating now. At first Scruff was the only one waiting for her breakfast but by the time I got back in the house, Blondie was out there too. They seem to be finished now... but I will leave the food out there a little longer just to be sure. 

It's 6:30AM now.

In about 15 minutes..or when it gets light out, I will take my walk. 7:00AM should be light. ..unless it's cloudy. I did bring the cat food into the garage and cover it. They were both gone. Generally if Scruff is going to eat more, she lays under the hedge and waits until I start to take the food in and then (and only then) she decides she wants more food.

 More Even Later... 

7:00AM was a good time to take my eight block walk today. It gets easier every day. I really enjoyed the cool morning this morning. Before I left, I watered the back yard flowerbed. In a couple of more weeks of eight blocks, I intend to go to ten blocks. It's 7:35AM now. So it takes me longer to make eight blocks. I walk up to the post office block,west to the library and then turn south there on State and go the last four blocks to 8th. When I make it ten blocks, I will walk downtown to the corner on fourth where the Mexican restaurant is and turn west to the old Blackledge building on fourth and State then turn south on State and walk back to 8th. It will be a couple of more weeks of eight blocks before I do the ten blocks though. I am out of the habit of walking like I did when I lived on Catalina and at the fourplex in Coffeyville.

More Later...It's 7:45AM now and I will leave for Coffeyville about 8:15AM or 8:30AM. I want to stop at the bank and get money for my hair and then stop at the Medicine Shoppe before I come home and pick up my other prescription. I will also get a pedicure today. It has been months since I have had one. And since Toni wouldn't charge me for my color and cut, I had the money to get it.

So more later...after I get home. 

I stopped and got the pedicure after I got my hair done. I got home about  11:30AM and stopped at Sonic and bought the kid's Wacky Pack for my lunch. On Wednesdays it's $2.18 for two chicken strips and french fries and a tiny coke..It make a nice lunch for me and I save the little toys for Leeann. She uses them for prizes for the kids's games.

Karan told me my son-in-law quit reading this blog. That's fine. I do it as a journal for me without having to write in a book. Several people read it and that's fine. I read theirs too. Those folks were so supportive while my Bob was sick that if they are interested in this blog, that's fine with me. 

More later..I am going to go read awhile.

I read until 6:30PM and then I decided to take my bath and put my pajamas and duster on. I will be up early again and finish my packing for the trip to Independence, Missouri before Leslie gets here at 10:00AM to pick me up. I will read some more until bedtime at 9:00PM or so.

I did go out back and pick up several dozen leaves from my south neighbor's tree and put them in a plastic bag.. The front yard is covered with leaves from my north neighbor's tree across the street. After I get back from our trip, I will start raking those into piles and pick them up and bag them and put them in the trash receptacle. That will be an all fall job....but good bending exercise.

I'll get back to this in the morning after I finish getting packed.

No comments: