Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM and stripped my bed, changed my sheets and started my laundry. It's in the dryer now. Then I got myself ready for the day. I am having breakfast here in the den as usual. I checked on any cats but there were none out there. In a little bit I will check the weather forecast. When I checked for the cats, I noticed it had been raining. I thought it was supposed to start this evening. 

It's 53 degrees and the computer says "partly cloudy". It's 7:02AM now.

I will not take Nancy shopping today. Last Monday we couldn't find a thing that fit her. She tried on 12's, 14's, 16's, and 18's and nothing fit her. The only pants she is able to get into are XXL 20's. This from a woman who used to be a size  8.  They feed them starchy high calorie food. She didn't feel well to begin with and while we were in the store, it began to sleet. The clerk helped me get her back in the car. When we got back to the assisted living,  I parked under the carport there and helped her back into the lobby. She was exhausted and I asked the receptionist to have the nurse take her blood pressure and temperature.

More Later.. 

I opened the door again and Blondie was out there for his breakfast so I took it out to him. He ate quickly and left. I will leave the food out there for awhile.  Scruff may show up or even that black and white cat I saw a couple of days ago.

I saw birds eating on that cat food out there and so I took it back in the garage and covered it.  I don't mind feeding cats but I am not feeding cat food to birds.

I caught the weather forecast and here it is. 

Today will be 68 degrees  and mostly cloudy and windy, Tuesday will be 48 degrees and cloudy,  Wednesday should be 46 degrees and rain,  Thursday should be 52 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday should be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday should be 51 degrees and mostly sunny, and Sunday should be 56 degrees and partly cloudy. 

We can sure use whatever rain we can get! 

I got the laundry all dried, folded and put away for another week. It's 7:19AM now. I will wait until later to go down to Bartlesville to see Nancy.. probably close to 10:00AM. She is always in bed sleeping no matter what time I get there. I have to get her up and help her get dressed and brush her hair.

More Later...

On my way down to see Nancy, Keith called to tell me they will be leaving in five weeks to spend three years in Germany. They are thrilled about it. I am a little concerned unless they do get back two or three times a year to visit as he says they will. They will have a wonderful time..I am sure...get to see the world over that period of time.

I took Nancy to eat at the Tyro Restaurant. We had their vegetable beef soup. It was very good...as usual. 

I got her back to her assisted living by 3:15PM and then came on back home. 

It is 4:10PM now and I believe I will read awhile.

More later...

I watched the news and then read until 6:48PM and then decided to take my bath and get my clean pajamas on and perhaps read some more until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed. 

It has been a big day...I am pretty tired.

 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Tell the facility staff to have Nancy up, dressed and ready. That's their job every day and they know you're doing it for them when you visit. For the sake of having some clothes, just get some sweat pants and simple shirts. For all of the effort, you might just buy them and have her try them on at the facility. Save the receipts to return anything. Be sure and put her name on the sides with a magic marker, or they'll get "borrowed" to another person. Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

Poor Nancy. My friend gets to go home tomorrow. I’ll pick her up. She says everything there stinks. She said the food had the sane icky smell.