Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies to Independence

I slept well again last night. I was up once in the night and took my two meds and then got right back to bed and back to sleep. Then I finally got up at 5:00AM...my usual time to rise. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will go over to church this morning and see if there are any more cookies there in the frig. If not, I will take what I have on up to the Independence First Christian Church for their dinner today. It's 5:49AM now and the computer says it's 42 degrees.

I am eating my breakfast here in the den now, 

I will leave for the church and Independence  shortly before 9:00AM 

I caught the "weather on the 8's" and there is going to be rain today, Wednesday and Monday. We need rain but I don't particularly like to drive in it. Today will be 49 degrees and rain, Wednesday will be 44 degrees and rain, Thursday 53 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 44 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 52 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 57 degrees and mostly cloudy, and Monday is to be 59 degrees and PM showers. So rain much of this week.

Now I will check for the cats.

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfasts. I took it out to them and they are eating hungrily. I have no idea where they have been eating when they don't come here. Probably they eat birds. I don't think anyone else feeds them except perhaps the family second from the corner of State and 8th. Their child claims Blondie but they have a different name for him. I forget what they call him. I only heard it once. I see they both have finished eating and left. After if I see if they are really finished,  I will go bring the cat food back in the garage and cover it.

When I was ready to work on my blog this morning after I got home from Independence, I found neither computer had any internet access. I called Cox and told them about it and they said the entire neighborhood was down and they were working on it and I should have access by 2:00PM. I tried it at 1:50PM and I still had no access. So..I called Cox again. Everyone else had access except me. The tech I spoke to said he would send me a signal and see if that would hook me up. That worked. I thanked hm for his help and went back to this blog.

I read this afternoon and took my first book to the book drop. Now I am working on the second one.I will get back to it until the news comes on.

More Later... 

I watched the CBS News and it was horrendous between the earthquakes and the war and politics

I will soon take my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe.. I hope to catch Biden's speech this evening. He's not the sharpest president we ever had but he is 50 X better then Trump.Trump lost me first when he told a reporter how he could do anything he wanted to a woman when he got them into his motor home. Then his constant lies and the denial of the seriousness of the Coved just sealed the deal for me. I voted for Biden. I wouldn't vote for Trump for dog catcher. And the fiasco at the capitol just sealed the deal again. And I have been a lifelong Republican. But I always vote for the man... not the party. I voted for the first Bush but nothing would make me vote for Shrub..his son. I didn't vote for tricky Dick (Nixon) either. 

Oh well, I will go take my bath now. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

We agree about politics.